DASH price analysis: the bull and the bear case (February 2019)

6:57 am ET, 10 Feb 2019

Dash (DASH.X) is trading at $73.64 after the latest drop by 1.64%.  Based on a decentralized blockchain platform, Dash is also known by the name "Digital Cash" and is an alternative to traditional payment methods, enabling private and trusted transactions. 

When it comes to investing in DASH, these are some frequently asked questions: 

  • Is DASH currently a buy or a sell?
  • Should I sell or hold DASH today?
  • Is DASH a good buy/investment opportunity?

Here are the reasons to buy DASH (the bull case):

1. Dash is popular among investors because it managed to create valuable consensus and solve the scalability challenge. DASH investors are also decision makers, which means that the investors can change the team in case developers fail to abide by active network rules.  Also, DASH investors drive decisions for all active issues.

2. Dash has a monthly development budget of $2.5 million.  90% of block rewards or new coins created every month are evenly distributed between the miners and master node stakeholders, while the remaining 10% are reserved for projects proposed on the network.

3.  DASH has 500 decision-making members in 3 major groups funded by the network: Dash Core, Dash Labs, and Dash Force.  The three groups are conjoined but operate independently, which contributes to the high level of decentralization - the core value of cryptocurrency projects.

Here are the reasons to sell DASH (the bear case):

1. DASH has weak business development with a lot of money wasted on failed projects.  It also communicates poorly with the Masternode network.  

2. Despite its potential, DASH still has low trading volumes, while only a few merchants accept it and use it in their daily life. 

3. Many blockchain-based networks among cryptocurrency projects are experiencing slow network time during essential updates and hard forks. Unfortunately, Dash is also experiencing network delays during the update process.

Over the last 30 days, DASH lost -18.2% of its value.

Will Rory MacDonald Make Dash Instantly Famous? Here Is Why This May Happen...

4:31 pm ET, 12 Mar 2018

Dash is an open source peer-to-peer cryptocurrency.  Its main feature is offering instant transactions (known as InstantSend) and private transactions (a.k.a., PrivateSend).  It was previously known as Dark Coin.  

Dash is known for having a decentralized governance model.  It has a self-governing and self-funding model that enables the Dash network to pay people and companies to perform work that adds value to the network.

Up until now, Dash has not been hugely popular.  According to Finstead, its market cap is somewhere around $400 Million (visit Finstead and type "DSH.X market cap" or "DSH.X news").  


However, Dash is now making headlines because of its foray into the world of mixed martial arts.

The former UFC welterweight title challenger Rory MacDonald was represented by Dash in his championship bout with Douglas Lima at Bellator 192.

Jeff Smith, Dash’s head of network operations, reached out to MacDonald and offered him a unique sponsorship deal for Bellator 192.

MacDonald received $250,000 for representing the cryptocurrency at Bellator 192, which was more than Reebook’s total payout ($165,000) for all fighters on the UFC Austin Fight Night.  

This wicked marketing tactic is making Dash instantly famous among UFC fans.  Here is a reminder how strong the UFC fanbase is:

  • 6.6 million followers on Twitter for UFC. Since UFC 182 in 2014, the number of followers on the platform has grown over 120%, according to Twitter analytics.
  • 9.3 million followers on Instagram. Since UFC 182, the social channel has grown over 400%.
  • 1.2+ billion TV households reached by UFC programming.  At the time of UFC 100 in 2009, that number was at 415 million.

This would be a winner for Dash!

Follow Us