Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
Investing in OmiseGo (OMG.X): the bull and the bear case (March 2019)
OmiseGo (OMG.X) is trading at $1.34, up 7% in the course of the last 24 hours. OmiseGo represents a blockchain-based financial network, built on top of the Ethereum chain. It is said to be the next generation financial platform with a high level of scalability and interoperability.
When it comes to investing in OmiseGo, these are some frequently asked questions:
- Is OmiseGo currently a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold OmiseGo today?
- Is OmiseGo a good buy/investment opportunity?
Here are the reasons to buy OmiseGo (the bull case):
1. Thanks to the open source white-label SDK, digital wallet providers can enable users to exchange fiat or cryptocurrency by connecting to OMG chain.
2. OmiseGo uses an innovative Plasma architecture that allows for high scalability, claiming to be able to conduct millions of transactions per second. This in theory makes OMG chain one of the fastest in the market. Additionally, Ethereum's (ETH) co-founder, Vitalik Buterin, showed great interest in the Plasma technology.
3. Omise is a reputed payment processor in South East Asia with a huge international customer base, which adds to its value in terms of utilization and adoption.
Here are the reasons to sell OmiseGo (the bear case):
1. OmiseGo is a massive project; however, it is still hosted on the Ethereum platform, which means that OMG doesn't have its own mainnet. For an ambitious project such as OmiseGo, launching the mainnet would be the next logical step and would most potentially increase its value in the market.
2. OmiseGo has volatility issues, which is why OMG touched record lows during the last year, despite the fact that it is a highly ambitious project with a lot of potential.
Over the last 30 days, OMG.X gained 17%.
Top 3 cryptocurrencies to invest in for May 2018
As we're entering the month of May, we are sharing with you our insights on the best cryptocurrencies to speculate on in May 2018.
We used Finstead screener to generate the list of top altcoins by 1-month return, and we sorted them by market cap. We also included a 3-month return in our table, and then selected those cryptocurrencies that have both long-term and short-term momentum.
Among the top 10 cryptos, here are the 3 that caught our attention.
1. OmiseGo (OMG.X) is one of the most prominet Chinese blockchain projects. It is a project backed by a team of blockchain experts including Ethereum chief, Vitalik Buterin and is aiming to solve some major financial challenges.
Why invest in OmiseGo? Their team is unstoppable. In Q1 alone, they had a number of successful releases, and the progress they made since launch has been amazing.
Why invest in it? The crypto community believes that EOS can be a real competitor to Ethereum, and can still go a long way in terms of growing the market cap. EOS also demonstrated a ton of progress in Q1.
3. Finally, investors are excited about Verge (XVG.X) because of its commercial prospects. Verge has a deal with TokenPay, which signed a deal with a major German bank. Thanks to this deal, consumers are going to encounter XVG debit cards--and that's making altcoin speculators really excited about Verge.
Visit Finstead to view cryptocurrency charts--and try the screener to view cryptocurrency lists and generate investment ideas.
Before investing in any of those cryptos mentioned above, please do your diligence. You may gain a lot from the investments, but you are also likely to lose, so please exercise your caution.