Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
Investing in Qtum (QTUM.X): the bull and the bear case (March 2019)
QTUM (QTUM.X) is trading at $2.09, with little price movement in the last 24 hours. Qtum represents a business-ready blockchain-based platform that offers UTXO security model and business-friendly smart contract coding. Qtum enables multiple virtual machines which includes Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) and x86 VM.
When it comes to investing in Qtum, these are some frequently asked questions:
- Is Qtum currently a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold Qtum today?
- Is Qtum good buy/investment opportunity?
Here are the reasons to buy Qtum (the bull case):
1. Qtum is compatible with the Segregated Witness upgrade, which contributes to the overall efficiency and functionality of the network by removing unnecessary weight from the blocks and gradually providing fast block creation.
2. Working on Ethereum and Qtum smart contracts is easy as Qtum supports Ethereum Virtual Machine, thus enabling interoperability between Dapps on Ethereum and Dapps on Qtum. Qtum can be easily adopted by developers as it accepts and processes different standard ERC tokens such as ERC-20, ERC-721, ERC-223, and ERC-827.
3. Qtum has a highly scalable and secure environment thanks to the UTXO ( Unspent Transaction Output) Model, which implies that cryptocurrency units are stored in form of unspent transactions.
4. Users can stake smaller amounts in Qtum due to its protocol PoS 3.0, which makes it more accessible.
Here are the reasons to sell Qtum (the bear case):
1. There are some security issues with the Solidity programming language used by Qtum. Problems such as Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) facing the Short Address Attack are still waiting for a resolution. Issues related to EVM have to be taken care of by Ethereum devs.
2. The blockchain becomes prone to certain security vulnerabilities by allowing lower stakes because participants with low stakes are likely to act less responsibly.
Over the last 30 days, QTUM.X gained over 10%.
Powered by Froala Editor