How do I become a Coach on Finny?
Please follow these steps:
- Sign up and create a profile. Fill out your profile completely.
- Once you've completed your profile, please fill out this request form so that we can review your request to be a Coach on Finny. Please give us 3-5 business days to review your request!
- When you are approved to be a Coach on Finny, you'll get an email from us confirming it, and you will see the "Coach" badge next to your name immediately.
What are the Coach guidelines for posts and replies?
Here are some guiding points for responding to user posts and replies:
1. Focus on providing responses to posts that fall in your sweet spot. Every Coach has unique expertise.
2. Provide accurate, quality, helpful, and insightful comments. Make sure your answers are phrased succinctly; less is more.
3. Please use correct grammar and spelling. Misspelled or poorly phrased answers will be corrected or deleted, and we will proactively warn you about this. If your answers are continuously riddled with errors (factual, spelling or grammatical), you will not be able to access Finny as a Coach.
4. Please do not link to sites other than Finny in your responses within the discussions, including your own company.
5. Please do not solicit actions or advertise your own services in your responses. Finny admins may ban Coaches who are overtly promoting their services or soliciting clients. Also, keep in mind that users will detect self-promotion from afar and are likely to shy away from those responses that read like advertisements.
6. General community guidelines also apply to Coaches.
Can I add a response to a discussion that another Coach already responded to?
Yes, you can. We welcome responses from multiple Coaches. Everyone's perspective is unique and a "one-size-fits-all" logic is not applicable to personal finance.
Can I promote my business/company on Finny?
Here are a few thoughts on promoting your business:
- You are welcome to link to your business or company URL on your Coach profile page. Visit your profile and enter your business URL. This is a do-follow link, which helps with Google ranking for your business.
- You are also welcome to include your calendar URL (e.g., calend.ly URL) on your profile page. That way Finny users can schedule a consultation with you.
- Please do not promote your personal business or brand in your answers. Any promotional materials within answers will be removed and you will not be able to access Finny as a Coach.
- Please do not link to external URLs within your responses.
Is it against your Terms of Service to find clients for my business on Finny?
It is not. As a matter of fact, that's why we allow linking to your business URL and calendar scheduling application on your profile page, so that prospective clients may reach out to you should they wish.
Finny serves as a platform for you to showcase your strengths and skills at responding to money questions that are top of mind for Finny users. As a result, if a Finny user wants your financial coaching or advice services offered through your firm, we are happy to hear it. We will also be sending a monthly survey to check-in and make sure that your Coach experience is great and for general feedback.
Who can I reach out to for any ongoing questions, comments, and feedback?
Please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to hear your feedback, input, and new ideas!