AADR is an ETF, whereas AEDCX is a mutual fund. AADR has a higher 5-year return than AEDCX (3.27% vs -1.28%). AADR has a lower expense ratio than AEDCX (1.1% vs 2.1%). Below is the comparison between AADR and AEDCX.
|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||International Equity: Europe Stock|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||active|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (45.63% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||6.54%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||5.86%|
|argenx SE ADR||ARGX||5.52%|
|Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR||AU.JO||3.64%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||3.63%|
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||3.59%|
|ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc ADR||ZTO||3.35%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.21%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||3.08%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests, under normal circumstances, at least 80% of its net assets (plus any borrowings for investment purposes) in securities of European issuers, and in derivatives and other instruments that have economic characteristics similar to such securities.
AEDCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (32.81% of Total Assets)
|Sberbank of Russia PJSC Participating Preferred||SBERP||5.37%|
|Deutsche Boerse AG||DB1.DE||3.29%|
|Ultra Electronics Holdings PLC||ULE.L||3.11%|
|Prosus NV Ordinary Shares - Class N||PRX||2.62%|
|Schneider Electric SE||SU.PA||2.52%|
|Investor AB B||INVE B||2.46%|
AEDCX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AEDCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AEDCX net assets are $12.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AEDCX 3-year return is -1.01%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI Europe NR USD), 4.67%.
- AEDCX 5-year return is -1.28%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI Europe NR USD), 3.31%.
- AEDCX 10-year return is 3.24%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI Europe NR USD), 5.79%.
- AEDCX 15-year return is 0.86%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI Europe NR USD), 1.57%.
- AEDCX expense ratio is 2.1%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant AEDCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AEDCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AEDCX vs VEUSX
- AEDCX vs VESIX
- AEDCX vs FIEUX
- AEDCX vs PRESX
- AEDCX vs MEURX
- AEDCX vs BAFHX
- AEDCX vs AEDAX
- AEDCX vs TEMIX
- AEDCX vs EUGAX
- AEDCX vs ESMAX