AADR is an ETF, whereas AEGMX is a mutual fund. AADR has a higher 5-year return than AEGMX (4.04% vs 1.84%). AADR has a higher expense ratio than AEGMX (1.1% vs 1.05%). Below is the comparison between AADR and AEGMX.
|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||N/A|
|Family||AdvisorShares||American Century Investments|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||passive|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (45.63% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||6.54%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||5.86%|
|argenx SE ADR||ARGX||5.52%|
|Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR||AU.JO||3.64%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||3.63%|
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||3.59%|
|ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc ADR||ZTO||3.35%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.21%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||3.08%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
The Fund seeks capital growth. The Fund seeks to invest at least 80% of its assets in equity securities of companies located in emerging market countries. The Fund managers look for stocks of companies they believe will increase in value over time.
AEGMX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (41.90% of Total Assets)
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||8.90%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||8.48%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||7.43%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||4.85%|
|Naspers Ltd Class N||NPN.JO||2.58%|
|Xinyi Solar Holdings Ltd||00968||2.23%|
|HDFC Bank Ltd||HDFCBANK.B||2.02%|
|Chailease Holding Co Ltd||5871.TW||1.85%|
|Top Glove Corp Bhd||7113||1.84%|
|Yandex NV Shs Class-A-||YNDX||1.72%|
The following are AEGMX strengths from our perspective:
- AEGMX 3-year return is 3.33%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.54%.
- AEGMX 5-year return is 10.99%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 9.61%.
- AEGMX 10-year return is 5.4%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.31%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are AEGMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AEGMX net assets are $3.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AEGMX expense ratio is 1.05%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant AEGMX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AEGMX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny