AADR is an ETF, whereas AFJCX is a mutual fund. AADR has a higher 5-year return than AFJCX (3.27% vs 2.11%). AADR has a lower expense ratio than AFJCX (1.1% vs 2.02%). Below is the comparison between AADR and AFJCX.
|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||International Equity: Foreign Large Value|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||active|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (45.63% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||6.54%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||5.86%|
|argenx SE ADR||ARGX||5.52%|
|Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR||AU.JO||3.64%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||3.63%|
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||3.59%|
|ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc ADR||ZTO||3.35%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.21%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||3.08%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital and income. The Fund will invest in the common stocks of non-U.S. companies with market capitalizations of more than $1 billion, that are undervalued relative to the market and their industry groups.
AFJCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (33.16% of Total Assets)
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||4.31%|
|China Merchants Bank Co Ltd Class H||03968||4.22%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Ordinary Shares||09988||4.21%|
|Zurich Insurance Group AG||ZURN||4.10%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||2.57%|
|Rio Tinto PLC||RIO.L||2.46%|
|Techtronic Industries Co Ltd||00669.HK||2.27%|
|Longfor Group Holdings Ltd||00960||2.17%|
AFJCX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AFJCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AFJCX net assets are $2.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AFJCX 3-year return is 2.68%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 4.66%.
- AFJCX 5-year return is 2.11%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 3.75%.
- AFJCX 10-year return is 1.8%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 5.88%.
- AFJCX 15-year return is -0.21%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 2.06%.
- AFJCX expense ratio is 2.02%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant AFJCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AFJCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AFJCX vs VTRIX
- AFJCX vs CIVIX
- AFJCX vs QFVIX
- AFJCX vs TSWIX
- AFJCX vs TEMFX
- AFJCX vs SFNNX
- AFJCX vs FIENX
- AFJCX vs HILIX
- AFJCX vs AAIEX
- AFJCX vs SIDNX