AADR is an ETF, whereas AHTCX is a mutual fund. AADR has a higher 5-year return than AHTCX (3.27% vs 2.61%). AADR has a lower expense ratio than AHTCX (1.1% vs 1.43%). Below is the comparison between AADR and AHTCX.
|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||Taxable Fixed Income: High Yield Bond|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||active|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (45.63% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||6.54%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||5.86%|
|argenx SE ADR||ARGX||5.52%|
|Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR||AU.JO||3.64%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||3.63%|
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||3.59%|
|ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc ADR||ZTO||3.35%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.21%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||3.08%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
The Fund seeks to provide a high level of current income and, secondarily, capital appreciation. At least 65% of the portfolio will be invested in high-yield, lower rated bonds (Ba or BB or below at the time of purchase) and other similar securities, including preferred stocks.
AHTCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (7.79% of Total Assets)
|Gogo Intermediate Holdings LLC and Gogo Finance Co. Inc. 9.88%||N/A||1.02%|
|MDC Partners Inc. 6.5%||N/A||0.91%|
|Sprint Capital Corporation 8.75%||N/A||0.84%|
|Sprint Capital Corporation 6.88%||N/A||0.83%|
|Petsmart Inc 7.12%||N/A||0.82%|
|Bausch Health Companies Inc 6.12%||N/A||0.74%|
|Mallinckrodt International Finance S.A. / Mallinckrodt CB LLC 10%||N/A||0.67%|
|FXI Holdings Inc 7.88%||N/A||0.66%|
|Petsmart Inc 8.88%||N/A||0.64%|
The following are AHTCX strengths from our perspective:
- AHTCX 3-year return is 2.29%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US High Yield 2% Issuer Cap TR USD), 2.28%.
The following are AHTCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AHTCX net assets are $275.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AHTCX 5-year return is 2.78%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US High Yield 2% Issuer Cap TR USD), 3.14%.
- AHTCX 10-year return is 3.54%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US High Yield 2% Issuer Cap TR USD), 4.95%.
- AHTCX 15-year return is 3.93%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US High Yield 2% Issuer Cap TR USD), 6.03%.
- AHTCX expense ratio is 1.43%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant AHTCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AHTCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AHTCX vs VWEAX
- AHTCX vs FAGIX
- AHTCX vs BHYIX
- AHTCX vs AHITX
- AHTCX vs PHIYX
- AHTCX vs FIHBX
- AHTCX vs OSTIX
- AHTCX vs NHFIX
- AHTCX vs MHYIX
- AHTCX vs MHCAX