AADR is an ETF, whereas ALCFX is a mutual fund. AADR has a lower 5-year return than ALCFX (3.27% vs 12.55%). AADR has a lower expense ratio than ALCFX (1.1% vs 1.68%). Below is the comparison between AADR and ALCFX.
|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||U.S. Equity: Large Growth|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||active|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (45.63% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||6.54%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||5.86%|
|argenx SE ADR||ARGX||5.52%|
|Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR||AU.JO||3.64%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||3.63%|
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||3.59%|
|ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc ADR||ZTO||3.35%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.21%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||3.08%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in common stocks of companies which appear, on the basis of original research, to have unusual appreciation potential, due to high unit volume growth or major life cycle change.
ALCFX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (53.84% of Total Assets)
ALCFX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are ALCFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ALCFX net assets are $51.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ALCFX 3-year return is 10.45%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 14.78%.
- ALCFX 5-year return is 12.55%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 15.1%.
- ALCFX 10-year return is 13.61%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 15.48%.
- ALCFX expense ratio is 1.68%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant ALCFX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ALCFX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ALCFX vs AGTHX
- ALCFX vs FCNTX
- ALCFX vs VPMAX
- ALCFX vs VIGAX
- ALCFX vs FBGRX
- ALCFX vs FDGRX
- ALCFX vs TRBCX
- ALCFX vs AMCPX
- ALCFX vs VWUAX
- ALCFX vs FMAGX