AADR is an ETF, whereas AOTCX is a mutual fund. AADR has a higher 5-year return than AOTCX (4.04% vs 2.62%). AADR has a lower expense ratio than AOTCX (1.1% vs 2.03%). Below is the comparison between AADR and AOTCX.
|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||International Equity: Diversified Emerging Market|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||active|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (45.63% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||6.54%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||5.86%|
|argenx SE ADR||ARGX||5.52%|
|Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR||AU.JO||3.64%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||3.63%|
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||3.59%|
|ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc ADR||ZTO||3.35%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.21%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||3.08%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
The Fund seeks maximum long-term capital appreciation by investing in emerging market securities. Under normal market conditions, The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing at least 80% of its net assets in the securities of companies that are tied economically to countries with emerging securities.
AOTCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (43.77% of Total Assets)
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||10.20%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||7.83%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||5.56%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||4.06%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Ordinary Shares||09988||3.14%|
|NetEase Inc ADR||NTES||2.65%|
|United Microelectronics Corp||2303.TW||2.51%|
|Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL||CPF-F||2.42%|
|Anhui Conch Cement Co Ltd Class H||00914||2.37%|
The following are AOTCX strengths from our perspective:
The following are AOTCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AOTCX net assets are $0.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AOTCX 5-year return is 2.54%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.14%.
- AOTCX 15-year return is 0.71%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.56%.
- AOTCX expense ratio is 2.03%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant AOTCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AOTCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AOTCX vs ODVYX
- AOTCX vs VEMAX
- AOTCX vs NEWFX
- AOTCX vs VEMIX
- AOTCX vs EMGNX
- AOTCX vs VEMRX
- AOTCX vs FEMKX
- AOTCX vs HLMEX
- AOTCX vs MADCX
- AOTCX vs ODMAX