AADR is an ETF, whereas ARMZX is a mutual fund. AADR has a higher 5-year return than ARMZX (3.27% vs 1.34%). AADR has a higher expense ratio than ARMZX (1.1% vs 0.64%). Below is the comparison between AADR and ARMZX.
|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||Taxable Fixed Income: Ultrashort Bond|
|Family||AdvisorShares||Franklin Templeton Investments|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||active|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (45.63% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||6.54%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||5.86%|
|argenx SE ADR||ARGX||5.52%|
|Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR||AU.JO||3.64%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||3.63%|
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||3.59%|
|ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc ADR||ZTO||3.35%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.21%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||3.08%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
The Fund seeks high current income and to limit the degree of fluctuation of its net asset value by investing principally in a portfolio of adjustable rate securities, many of which will also be US Government securities.
ARMZX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (28.05% of Total Assets)
|Western Asset Prem Instl Govtt Rsrv Pref||WACXX||16.11%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.12%||N/A||2.40%|
|US Treasury Note 0.38%||N/A||1.75%|
|Wells Fargo & Company 1.49%||N/A||1.40%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co. 1.49%||N/A||1.21%|
|Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. 1.26%||N/A||1.15%|
|Charter Communications Operating, LLC/Charter Communications Operating Capi||N/A||1.11%|
|Citigroup Inc. 1.21%||N/A||0.98%|
|Verizon Communications Inc. 1.38%||N/A||0.97%|
|Government National Mortgage Association 1.15%||N/A||0.97%|
The following are ARMZX strengths from our perspective:
- ARMZX 5-year return is 1.34%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 1.12%.
- ARMZX 10-year return is 1.6%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 0.64%.
- ARMZX 15-year return is 1.35%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 0.79%.
The following are ARMZX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ARMZX net assets are $353.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ARMZX 3-year return is 0.45%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 0.72%.
- ARMZX expense ratio is 0.64%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.
Other relevant ARMZX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ARMZX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ARMZX vs VUSFX
- ARMZX vs PTSHX
- ARMZX vs FULIX
- ARMZX vs FCNVX
- ARMZX vs NTAUX
- ARMZX vs MULSX
- ARMZX vs NUSFX
- ARMZX vs SADIX
- ARMZX vs PAIDX
- ARMZX vs TRBUX