AADR is an ETF, whereas ARTGX is a mutual fund. AADR has a lower 5-year return than ARTGX (3.27% vs 5.59%). AADR has a lower expense ratio than ARTGX (1.1% vs 1.24%). Below is the comparison between AADR and ARTGX.
|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||International Equity: World Large Stock|
|Family||AdvisorShares||Artisan Partners Funds Inc|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||active|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (45.63% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||6.54%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||5.86%|
|argenx SE ADR||ARGX||5.52%|
|Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR||AU.JO||3.64%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||3.63%|
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||3.59%|
|ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc ADR||ZTO||3.35%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.21%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||3.08%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
The Fund seeks maximum long-term capital growth. The Fund seeks to invests in common stocks and other equity securities, both within and outside the U.S. From time to time, Artisan may conclude that a security other than an equity security presents a more attractive risk/reward profile for investment.
ARTGX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (39.77% of Total Assets)
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||5.08%|
|Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp A||CTSH||4.26%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||3.91%|
|Cie Financiere Richemont SA||CFR||3.56%|
|UBS Group AG||UBSG||3.54%|
|NXP Semiconductors NV||NXPI||3.53%|
|Alphabet Inc A||GOOGL||3.37%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||3.34%|
The following are ARTGX strengths from our perspective:
- ARTGX 10-year return is 9.09%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.25%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are ARTGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ARTGX net assets are $261.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ARTGX 3-year return is 7.41%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.66%.
- ARTGX 5-year return is 5.65%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.41%.
- ARTGX expense ratio is 1.24%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant ARTGX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ARTGX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ARTGX vs ANWPX
- ARTGX vs CWGIX
- ARTGX vs DODWX
- ARTGX vs VHGEX
- ARTGX vs TEPLX
- ARTGX vs OPPAX
- ARTGX vs TEDIX
- ARTGX vs VTWIX
- ARTGX vs PRGSX
- ARTGX vs MDISX