AADR is an ETF, whereas ASHCX is a mutual fund. AADR has a higher 5-year return than ASHCX (3.27% vs 2.25%). AADR has a lower expense ratio than ASHCX (1.1% vs 1.11%). Below is the comparison between AADR and ASHCX.
|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||Taxable Fixed Income: High Yield Bond|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||active|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (45.63% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||6.54%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||5.86%|
|argenx SE ADR||ARGX||5.52%|
|Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR||AU.JO||3.64%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||3.63%|
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||3.59%|
|ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc ADR||ZTO||3.35%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.21%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||3.08%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
The Fund seeks a high level of current income. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in debt securities issued by public and private companies, which are rated below investment grade while maintaining an average duration of less than three years and in derivatives and other synthetic instruments.
ASHCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (33.93% of Total Assets)
|CVR Energy Inc 5.25%||N/A||4.20%|
|Alliance Data Systems Corporation 4.75%||N/A||3.99%|
|Connect Finco SARL/Connect US Finco LLC 6.75%||N/A||3.72%|
|Targa Resources Partners LP/Targa Resources Finance Corporation 5.25%||N/A||3.67%|
|ASURION LLC SECOND LIEN||N/A||3.66%|
|AMC Networks Inc 5%||N/A||3.12%|
|PBF Holding Company LLC and PBF Finance Corp. 7.25%||N/A||3.03%|
|Global Aircraft Leasing Co Ltd 6.5%||N/A||2.99%|
|EG Global Finance PLC 8.5%||N/A||2.90%|
|Apx Group, Inc. 2020 Term Loan||N/A||2.65%|
The following are ASHCX strengths from our perspective:
- ASHCX 3-year return is 2.54%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-3 Year BB US Cash Pay High Yield TR USD), 2.71%.
The following are ASHCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ASHCX net assets are $67.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ASHCX 5-year return is 2.25%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-3 Year BB US Cash Pay High Yield TR USD), 3.07%.
- ASHCX 10-year return is 3.29%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-3 Year BB US Cash Pay High Yield TR USD), 4.08%.
- ASHCX expense ratio is 1.11%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.5%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant ASHCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ASHCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ASHCX vs VWEAX
- ASHCX vs FAGIX
- ASHCX vs BHYIX
- ASHCX vs AHITX
- ASHCX vs PHIYX
- ASHCX vs FIHBX
- ASHCX vs OSTIX
- ASHCX vs NHFIX
- ASHCX vs MHYIX
- ASHCX vs MHCAX