AADR is an ETF, whereas ASIYX is a mutual fund. AADR has a lower 5-year return than ASIYX (3.27% vs 10.31%). AADR has a lower expense ratio than ASIYX (1.1% vs 1.13%). Below is the comparison between AADR and ASIYX.
|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||N/A|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||passive|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (45.63% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||6.54%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||5.86%|
|argenx SE ADR||ARGX||5.52%|
|Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR||AU.JO||3.64%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||3.63%|
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||3.59%|
|ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc ADR||ZTO||3.35%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.21%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||3.08%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital by investing in a diversified portfolio of equity securities, the issuers of which are located in Asia or the Pacific Rim and which are considered to have strong earnings momentum or other potential for capital appreciation. The Fund will not invest in Japanese securities.
ASIYX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (46.82% of Total Assets)
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||6.40%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||5.57%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||5.43%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||5.11%|
|Yum China Holdings Inc Ordinary Shares||YUMC||4.53%|
|China Mengniu Dairy Co Ltd||02319||4.50%|
|Invesco Shrt-Trm Inv Treasury Instl||TRPXX||3.90%|
|Invesco Shrt-Trm Inv Gov&Agcy Instl||AGPXX||3.42%|
|Swire Properties Ltd||01972.HK||3.21%|
The following are ASIYX strengths from our perspective:
- ASIYX 3-year return is 7.54%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI AC Asia Pacific Ex Japan NR USD), 4.65%.
- ASIYX 5-year return is 11.53%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI AC Asia Pacific Ex Japan NR USD), 10.91%.
- ASIYX 10-year return is 8.24%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI AC Asia Pacific Ex Japan NR USD), 5.93%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are ASIYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ASIYX net assets are $175.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ASIYX expense ratio is 1.21%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant ASIYX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ASIYX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny