|Security Type||ETF||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Equity: Global Ex-U.S. - Total Market Growth||N/A|
|Family||AdvisorShares||Baillie Gifford Funds|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||passive|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation above international benchmarks such as the MSCI EAFE Index and the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index. The Fund selects a portfolio of U.S. traded securities of non-U.S. organizations, most often American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), included in the BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index.
AADR performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (38.80% of Total Assets)
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||5.52%|
|BioNTech SE ADR||BNTX.DE||4.57%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE ADR||LVMUY.PA||4.16%|
|Himax Technologies Inc ADR||HIMX||3.79%|
|Sibanye Stillwater Ltd ADR||SBSW.JO||3.64%|
|Logitech International SA||LOGN||3.51%|
|Cemex SAB de CV ADR||CX.MX||3.22%|
|Embraer SA ADR||ERJ.SA||3.06%|
AADR prosNone that we could think of.
AADR consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant AADR comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AADR comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
BGIVX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (24.79% of Total Assets)
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||3.76%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||2.22%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||2.18%|
|Housing Development Finance Corp Ltd||HDFC.BO||2.18%|
|AIA Group Ltd||01299.HK||2.08%|
|Ryanair Holdings PLC ADR||RYAAY.IR||2.00%|
The following are BGIVX strengths from our perspective:
- BGIVX 3-year return is 9.16%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 2.51%.
- BGIVX 5-year return is 12.77%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 6.83%.
- BGIVX 10-year return is 9.01%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 5.24%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are BGIVX weaknesses from our perspective:
- BGIVX net assets are $104.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
Other relevant BGIVX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following BGIVX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny