Both ACTIX and AWSHX are mutual funds. ACTIX has a lower 5-year return than AWSHX (6.87% vs 11.28%). ACTIX has a higher expense ratio than AWSHX (1.99% vs 0.57%). Below is the comparison between ACTIX and AWSHX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Category||Large Value||Large Value|
|Family||American Century Investments||American Funds|
The Fund seeks total return with capital preservation as a secondary objective. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in fixed-income securities defined as fixed or floating rate cash equivalents, debt instruments, preferred stock, and exchange-traded funds that primarily invest in the preceding instruments.
ACTIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (29.52% of Total Assets)
The following are ACTIX strengths from our perspective:
- ACTIX 10-year return is 10.32%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 10.95%.
The following are ACTIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ACTIX net assets are $2.27 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ACTIX 3-year return is 8.7%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 11.93%.
- ACTIX 5-year return is 6.87%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 12.07%.
- ACTIX expense ratio is 1.99%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2999914137%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.
Other relevant ACTIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ACTIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ACTIX vs DODGX
- ACTIX vs AWSHX
- ACTIX vs AMRMX
- ACTIX vs GSFTX
- ACTIX vs MADVX
- ACTIX vs PRFDX
- ACTIX vs NBPIX
- ACTIX vs SFLNX
- ACTIX vs DHLRX
- ACTIX vs FEQIX
The Fund seeks to produce income and to provide an opportunity for growth of principal consistent with sound common stock investing. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks of established companies that are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and have a strong record of earnings and dividends.
AWSHX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (30.63% of Total Assets)
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||4.26%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||3.35%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co||JPM||2.21%|
|Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc||MMC||2.09%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||1.97%|
|CVS Health Corp||CVS||1.87%|
AWSHX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AWSHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AWSHX 3-year return is 9.05%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.77%.
- AWSHX 5-year return is 11.28%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.15%.
- AWSHX 10-year return is 11.6%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.21%.
- AWSHX expense ratio is 0.57%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2486611073%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AWSHX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AWSHX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AWSHX vs DODGX
- AWSHX vs AMRMX
- AWSHX vs GSFTX
- AWSHX vs MADVX
- AWSHX vs PRFDX
- AWSHX vs NBPIX
- AWSHX vs SFLNX
- AWSHX vs DHLRX
- AWSHX vs FEQIX
- AWSHX vs DSEEX