Both ACTIX and DHLRX are mutual funds. ACTIX has a lower 5-year return than DHLRX (6.87% vs 10.17%). ACTIX has a higher expense ratio than DHLRX (1.99% vs 0.67%). Below is the comparison between ACTIX and DHLRX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Category||Large Value||Large Value|
|Family||American Century Investments||Diamond Hill Funds|
The Fund seeks total return with capital preservation as a secondary objective. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in fixed-income securities defined as fixed or floating rate cash equivalents, debt instruments, preferred stock, and exchange-traded funds that primarily invest in the preceding instruments.
ACTIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (29.52% of Total Assets)
The following are ACTIX strengths from our perspective:
- ACTIX 10-year return is 10.32%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 10.95%.
The following are ACTIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ACTIX net assets are $2.27 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ACTIX 3-year return is 8.7%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 11.93%.
- ACTIX 5-year return is 6.87%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 12.07%.
- ACTIX expense ratio is 1.99%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2999914137%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.
Other relevant ACTIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ACTIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ACTIX vs DODGX
- ACTIX vs AWSHX
- ACTIX vs AMRMX
- ACTIX vs GSFTX
- ACTIX vs MADVX
- ACTIX vs PRFDX
- ACTIX vs NBPIX
- ACTIX vs SFLNX
- ACTIX vs DHLRX
- ACTIX vs FEQIX
The Fund seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing in common stocks that the Fund's adviser believes are undervalued. The Fund normally invests at least 80% of its assets in large capitalization companies, defined as those companies with a market capitalization of $5 billion or more.
DHLRX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (30.80% of Total Assets)
|American International Group Inc||AIG||4.49%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||2.98%|
|Bank of America Corp||BAC||2.94%|
|KKR & Co Inc Ordinary Shares||KKR||2.90%|
|Mondelez International Inc Class A||MDLZ||2.79%|
|The Walt Disney Co||DIS||2.64%|
|Truist Financial Corp||TFC||2.50%|
The following are DHLRX strengths from our perspective:
- DHLRX 10-year return is 11.33%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 10.95%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are DHLRX weaknesses from our perspective:
- DHLRX 3-year return is 7.16%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 11.93%.
- DHLRX 5-year return is 10.17%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 12.07%.
- DHLRX expense ratio is 0.67%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant DHLRX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following DHLRX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- DHLRX vs DODGX
- DHLRX vs AWSHX
- DHLRX vs AMRMX
- DHLRX vs GSFTX
- DHLRX vs MADVX
- DHLRX vs PRFDX
- DHLRX vs NBPIX
- DHLRX vs SFLNX
- DHLRX vs FEQIX
- DHLRX vs DSEEX