Both ACTIX and DODGX are mutual funds. ACTIX has a lower 5-year return than DODGX (6.87% vs 15.86%). ACTIX has a higher expense ratio than DODGX (1.99% vs 0.52%). Below is the comparison between ACTIX and DODGX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Category||Large Value||Large Value|
|Family||American Century Investments||Dodge & Cox|
The Fund seeks total return with capital preservation as a secondary objective. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in fixed-income securities defined as fixed or floating rate cash equivalents, debt instruments, preferred stock, and exchange-traded funds that primarily invest in the preceding instruments.
ACTIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (29.52% of Total Assets)
The following are ACTIX strengths from our perspective:
- ACTIX 10-year return is 10.32%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 10.95%.
The following are ACTIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ACTIX net assets are $2.27 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ACTIX 3-year return is 8.7%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 11.93%.
- ACTIX 5-year return is 6.87%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 12.07%.
- ACTIX expense ratio is 1.99%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2999914137%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.
Other relevant ACTIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ACTIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ACTIX vs DODGX
- ACTIX vs AWSHX
- ACTIX vs AMRMX
- ACTIX vs GSFTX
- ACTIX vs MADVX
- ACTIX vs PRFDX
- ACTIX vs NBPIX
- ACTIX vs SFLNX
- ACTIX vs DHLRX
- ACTIX vs FEQIX
The Fund seeks long-term growth of principal and income. A secondary objective is to achieve a reasonable current income.
DODGX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (35.16% of Total Assets)
The following are DODGX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are DODGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- DODGX expense ratio is 0.52%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant DODGX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following DODGX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- DODGX vs VTV
- DODGX vs FXAIX
- DODGX vs SPY
- DODGX vs VOO
- DODGX vs VFIAX
- DODGX vs AWSHX
- DODGX vs AMRMX
- DODGX vs GSFTX
- DODGX vs MADVX
- DODGX vs PRFDX
- DODGX vs NBPIX
- DODGX vs SFLNX
- DODGX vs DHLRX
- DODGX vs FEQIX
- DODGX vs DSEEX