Both ACTIX and MADVX are mutual funds. ACTIX has a lower 5-year return than MADVX (6.87% vs 13.43%). ACTIX has a higher expense ratio than MADVX (1.99% vs 0.68%). Below is the comparison between ACTIX and MADVX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Category||Large Value||Large Value|
|Family||American Century Investments||BlackRock|
The Fund seeks total return with capital preservation as a secondary objective. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in fixed-income securities defined as fixed or floating rate cash equivalents, debt instruments, preferred stock, and exchange-traded funds that primarily invest in the preceding instruments.
ACTIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (29.52% of Total Assets)
The following are ACTIX strengths from our perspective:
- ACTIX 10-year return is 10.32%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 10.95%.
The following are ACTIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ACTIX net assets are $2.27 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ACTIX 3-year return is 8.7%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 11.93%.
- ACTIX 5-year return is 6.87%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 12.07%.
- ACTIX expense ratio is 1.99%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2999914137%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.
Other relevant ACTIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ACTIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ACTIX vs DODGX
- ACTIX vs AWSHX
- ACTIX vs AMRMX
- ACTIX vs GSFTX
- ACTIX vs MADVX
- ACTIX vs PRFDX
- ACTIX vs NBPIX
- ACTIX vs SFLNX
- ACTIX vs DHLRX
- ACTIX vs FEQIX
The Fund seeks long-term total return and current income. The Fund seeks to achieve its objective by investing primarily in a diversified portfolio of equity securities. Under normal circumstances, the Fund will invest at least 80% of assets in equity securities and at least 80% of assets in dividend paying securities.
MADVX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (29.78% of Total Assets)
|BlackRock Liquidity T-Fund Instl||TSTXX||5.46%|
|Wells Fargo & Co||WFC||3.57%|
|American International Group Inc||AIG||2.99%|
|Cisco Systems Inc||CSCO||2.89%|
|Bank of America Corp||BAC||2.55%|
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||2.16%|
|BAE Systems PLC||BA..L||2.14%|
The following are MADVX strengths from our perspective:
- MADVX 3-year return is 13.65%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.93%.
- MADVX 5-year return is 13.43%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 12.07%.
- MADVX 10-year return is 11.42%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 10.95%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are MADVX weaknesses from our perspective:
- MADVX expense ratio is 0.68%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant MADVX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following MADVX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- MADVX vs DODGX
- MADVX vs AWSHX
- MADVX vs AMRMX
- MADVX vs GSFTX
- MADVX vs PRFDX
- MADVX vs NBPIX
- MADVX vs SFLNX
- MADVX vs DHLRX
- MADVX vs FEQIX
- MADVX vs DSEEX