Both ACTIX and SFLNX are mutual funds. ACTIX has a lower 5-year return than SFLNX (6.87% vs 15.29%). ACTIX has a higher expense ratio than SFLNX (1.99% vs 0.25%). Below is the comparison between ACTIX and SFLNX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Category||Large Value||Large Value|
|Family||American Century Investments||Schwab Funds|
|Management Style||active||passive (index-based)|
The Fund seeks total return with capital preservation as a secondary objective. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in fixed-income securities defined as fixed or floating rate cash equivalents, debt instruments, preferred stock, and exchange-traded funds that primarily invest in the preceding instruments.
ACTIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (29.52% of Total Assets)
The following are ACTIX strengths from our perspective:
- ACTIX 10-year return is 10.32%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 10.95%.
The following are ACTIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ACTIX net assets are $2.27 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ACTIX 3-year return is 8.7%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 11.93%.
- ACTIX 5-year return is 6.87%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 12.07%.
- ACTIX expense ratio is 1.99%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2999914137%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.
Other relevant ACTIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ACTIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ACTIX vs DODGX
- ACTIX vs AWSHX
- ACTIX vs AMRMX
- ACTIX vs GSFTX
- ACTIX vs MADVX
- ACTIX vs PRFDX
- ACTIX vs NBPIX
- ACTIX vs SFLNX
- ACTIX vs DHLRX
- ACTIX vs FEQIX
The Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the FTSE RAFI US 1000 Index. The Fund will invest at least 90% of its net assets in stocks included in the Index.
SFLNX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (16.97% of Total Assets)
The following are SFLNX strengths from our perspective:
- SFLNX 3-year return is 17.29%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell RAFI US LC TR USD), 11.93%.
- SFLNX 5-year return is 15.29%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell RAFI US LC TR USD), 12.07%.
- SFLNX 10-year return is 13.62%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell RAFI US LC TR USD), 10.95%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
SFLNX consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant SFLNX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following SFLNX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- SFLNX vs SWPPX
- SFLNX vs DODGX
- SFLNX vs AWSHX
- SFLNX vs AMRMX
- SFLNX vs GSFTX
- SFLNX vs MADVX
- SFLNX vs PRFDX
- SFLNX vs NBPIX
- SFLNX vs DHLRX
- SFLNX vs FEQIX
- SFLNX vs DSEEX