Both AEPCX and FOSFX are mutual funds. AEPCX has a lower 5-year return than FOSFX (3.44% vs 4.95%). AEPCX has a higher expense ratio than FOSFX (1.56% vs 0.98%). Below is the comparison between AEPCX and FOSFX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||International Equity: Foreign Large Growth||International Equity: Foreign Large Growth|
|Family||American Funds||Fidelity Investments|
The Fund seeks to provide long-term growth of capital by investing in companies based outside the United States. The Fund Invests in companies based chiefly in Europe and the Pacific Basin, ranging from small firms to large corporations.
AEPCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (22.00% of Total Assets)
|Reliance Industries Ltd||RELIANCE.B||3.61%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Ordinary Shares||09988||2.75%|
|ASML Holding NV||ASML||2.34%|
|AIA Group Ltd||01299.HK||2.24%|
|Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd||4568||2.21%|
|Shopify Inc A||SHOP.TO||1.71%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||1.68%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE||MC.PA||1.64%|
The following are AEPCX strengths from our perspective:
- AEPCX 5-year return is 3.44%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 3.75%.
- AEPCX 10-year return is 6.2%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 5.88%.
- AEPCX 15-year return is 2.75%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 2.06%.
The following are AEPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AEPCX net assets are $462.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AEPCX 3-year return is 4.03%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 4.66%.
- AEPCX expense ratio is 1.56%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant AEPCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AEPCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AEPCX vs VWILX
- AEPCX vs AEPGX
- AEPCX vs HLMIX
- AEPCX vs FDIVX
- AEPCX vs FOSFX
- AEPCX vs VWIGX
- AEPCX vs LISIX
- AEPCX vs FIVFX
- AEPCX vs FCPIX
- AEPCX vs FIGRX
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital by investing at least 65% of total assets in foreign securities. The Fund intends to allocate investments across countries and regions considering the size of the market in each country and region relative to the size of the international market as a whole.
FOSFX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (18.46% of Total Assets)
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||2.39%|
|ASML Holding NV||ASML||1.79%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE||MC.PA||1.78%|
|AIA Group Ltd||01299.HK||1.60%|
|Fidelity Revere Str Tr||N/A||1.55%|
|DSV Panalpina AS||DSV||1.43%|
The following are FOSFX strengths from our perspective:
- FOSFX 3-year return is 6.32%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 4.46%.
- FOSFX 5-year return is 4.95%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 3.54%.
- FOSFX 10-year return is 8.98%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 6.6%.
- FOSFX 15-year return is 3.15%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 1.91%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are FOSFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- FOSFX expense ratio is 0.98%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant FOSFX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following FOSFX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- FOSFX vs VWILX
- FOSFX vs AEPGX
- FOSFX vs HLMIX
- FOSFX vs FDIVX
- FOSFX vs VWIGX
- FOSFX vs LISIX
- FOSFX vs FIVFX
- FOSFX vs FCPIX
- FOSFX vs FIGRX
- FOSFX vs MFAIX