Both AFJAX and HILIX are mutual funds. AFJAX has a lower 5-year return than HILIX (2.85% vs 2.93%). AFJAX has a higher expense ratio than HILIX (1.3% vs 0.95%). Below is the comparison between AFJAX and HILIX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||International Equity: Foreign Large Value||International Equity: Foreign Large Value|
|Family||Virtus||Hartford Mutual Funds|
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital and income. The Fund will invest in the common stocks of non-U.S. companies with market capitalizations of more than $1 billion, that are undervalued relative to the market and their industry groups.
AFJAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (33.16% of Total Assets)
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||4.31%|
|China Merchants Bank Co Ltd Class H||03968||4.22%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Ordinary Shares||09988||4.21%|
|Zurich Insurance Group AG||ZURN||4.10%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||2.57%|
|Rio Tinto PLC||RIO.L||2.46%|
|Techtronic Industries Co Ltd||00669.HK||2.27%|
|Longfor Group Holdings Ltd||00960||2.17%|
AFJAX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AFJAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AFJAX net assets are $53.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AFJAX 3-year return is 3.4%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 4.66%.
- AFJAX 5-year return is 2.85%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 3.75%.
- AFJAX 10-year return is 2.55%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 5.88%.
- AFJAX 15-year return is 0.54%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 2.06%.
- AFJAX expense ratio is 1.3%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AFJAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AFJAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AFJAX vs VTRIX
- AFJAX vs CIVIX
- AFJAX vs QFVIX
- AFJAX vs TSWIX
- AFJAX vs TEMFX
- AFJAX vs SFNNX
- AFJAX vs FIENX
- AFJAX vs HILIX
- AFJAX vs AAIEX
- AFJAX vs SIDNX
The Fund seeks long-term total return. Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 65% of its assets in equity securities, including non-dollar securities, of foreign issuers. The Fund diversifies its investments among a number of different sectors and countries throughout the world.
HILIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (14.65% of Total Assets)
|Royal Dutch Shell PLC B||RDSB.L||1.78%|
|Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA||SGO.PA||1.64%|
|Honda Motor Co Ltd||7267||1.61%|
|UBS Group AG||UBSG||1.54%|
|A. P. Moller Maersk A/S B||MAERSK B||1.29%|
|Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd||4502||1.27%|
|Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc||8306||1.24%|
The following are HILIX strengths from our perspective:
- HILIX 3-year return is 6.45%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE Value NR USD), 3.53%.
- HILIX 5-year return is 2.93%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE Value NR USD), 1.98%.
- HILIX 10-year return is 8.26%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE Value NR USD), 5.68%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are HILIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- HILIX expense ratio is 0.95%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant HILIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following HILIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- HILIX vs VTRIX
- HILIX vs CIVIX
- HILIX vs QFVIX
- HILIX vs TSWIX
- HILIX vs TEMFX
- HILIX vs SFNNX
- HILIX vs FIENX
- HILIX vs AAIEX
- HILIX vs SIDNX
- HILIX vs AINIX