Both AFRAX and FFRHX are mutual funds. AFRAX has a lower 5-year return than FFRHX (2.69% vs 3.01%). AFRAX has a higher expense ratio than FFRHX (1% vs 0.67%). Below is the comparison between AFRAX and FFRHX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Taxable Fixed Income: Bank Loan||Taxable Fixed Income: Bank Loan|
AFRAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (9.96% of Total Assets)
|Invesco Shrt-Trm Inv Gov&Agcy Instl||AGPXX||1.22%|
|1011778 B.C. Unlimited Liability Company Term Loan B4||N/A||1.12%|
|Berry Global, Inc. Term Loan Y||N/A||1.11%|
|Telesat Canada Term Loan B5||N/A||1.09%|
|Invesco Shrt-Trm Inv Liq Assets Corp||LPCXX||1.02%|
|Virgin Media Bristol Llc Usd Term Loan N||N/A||0.96%|
|Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. 2019 Term Loan B4||N/A||0.95%|
|Calpine Corporation Term Loan B9||N/A||0.89%|
|Caesars Resort Collection, Llc 2017 1st Lien Term Loan B||N/A||0.86%|
|Transdigm, Inc. 2020 Term Loan E||N/A||0.74%|
The following are AFRAX strengths from our perspective:
- AFRAX 3-year return is 2.05%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 0.34%.
- AFRAX 5-year return is 2.69%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 1.18%.
- AFRAX 10-year return is 3.53%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 1.72%.
- AFRAX 15-year return is 3.12%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 3.32%.
The following are AFRAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AFRAX net assets are $773.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AFRAX expense ratio is 1%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 2.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AFRAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AFRAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AFRAX vs FFRHX
- AFRAX vs BFRIX
- AFRAX vs SAMBX
- AFRAX vs PRFRX
- AFRAX vs FFRIX
- AFRAX vs OOSAX
- AFRAX vs OOSYX
- AFRAX vs MXFIX
- AFRAX vs LSFYX
- AFRAX vs HFLIX
The Fund seeks high current income. Invests mainly in income-producing floating rate loans and other floating-rate debt securities. Floating rate loans are often lower-quality debt securities and are generally subject to restrictions on resale.
FFRHX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (15.93% of Total Assets)
|Fidelity Revere Str Tr||N/A||3.51%|
|BASS PRO ESCROW TRM B 09/25/24||N/A||3.09%|
|CAESARS RESORT TRM B 1LN 12/24||N/A||1.50%|
|CHTR COMM TERM B2 1LN 02/01/27||N/A||1.41%|
|INTELSAT TERM B-3 11/27/23||N/A||1.38%|
|LINEAGE LOGISTICS TERM B 02/25||N/A||1.19%|
|MICRO FOCUS TERM B-3 06/21/24||N/A||1.10%|
|FRONTIER COM TRM B 1LN 6/15/24||N/A||0.94%|
|WESTINGHOUSE TERM B 1LN 8/1/25||N/A||0.92%|
|ASURION TERM B2 2LN 08/04/25||N/A||0.89%|
The following are FFRHX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are FFRHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- FFRHX 3-year return is 2.35%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P/LSTA Performing Loan TR), 2.95%.
- FFRHX 5-year return is 3.01%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P/LSTA Performing Loan TR), 3.52%.
- FFRHX 10-year return is 3.35%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P/LSTA Performing Loan TR), 4.21%.
- FFRHX 15-year return is 3.54%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P/LSTA Performing Loan TR), 4.32%.
- FFRHX expense ratio is 0.67%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant FFRHX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following FFRHX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- FFRHX vs BFRIX
- FFRHX vs SAMBX
- FFRHX vs PRFRX
- FFRHX vs FFRIX
- FFRHX vs OOSAX
- FFRHX vs OOSYX
- FFRHX vs MXFIX
- FFRHX vs LSFYX
- FFRHX vs HFLIX
- FFRHX vs FAFRX