Both AFRAX and SAMBX are mutual funds. AFRAX has a higher 5-year return than SAMBX (2.66% vs 2.33%). AFRAX has a higher expense ratio than SAMBX (1% vs 0.62%). Below is the comparison between AFRAX and SAMBX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Taxable Fixed Income: Bank Loan||Taxable Fixed Income: Bank Loan|
AFRAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (9.96% of Total Assets)
|Invesco Shrt-Trm Inv Gov&Agcy Instl||AGPXX||1.22%|
|1011778 B.C. Unlimited Liability Company Term Loan B4||N/A||1.12%|
|Berry Global, Inc. Term Loan Y||N/A||1.11%|
|Telesat Canada Term Loan B5||N/A||1.09%|
|Invesco Shrt-Trm Inv Liq Assets Corp||LPCXX||1.02%|
|Virgin Media Bristol Llc Usd Term Loan N||N/A||0.96%|
|Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. 2019 Term Loan B4||N/A||0.95%|
|Calpine Corporation Term Loan B9||N/A||0.89%|
|Caesars Resort Collection, Llc 2017 1st Lien Term Loan B||N/A||0.86%|
|Transdigm, Inc. 2020 Term Loan E||N/A||0.74%|
The following are AFRAX strengths from our perspective:
- AFRAX 3-year return is 2.05%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 0.34%.
- AFRAX 5-year return is 2.69%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 1.18%.
- AFRAX 10-year return is 3.53%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 1.72%.
- AFRAX 15-year return is 3.12%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 3.32%.
The following are AFRAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AFRAX net assets are $773.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AFRAX expense ratio is 1%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 2.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AFRAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AFRAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AFRAX vs FFRHX
- AFRAX vs BFRIX
- AFRAX vs SAMBX
- AFRAX vs PRFRX
- AFRAX vs FFRIX
- AFRAX vs OOSAX
- AFRAX vs OOSYX
- AFRAX vs MXFIX
- AFRAX vs LSFYX
- AFRAX vs HFLIX
The Fund seeks to provide a high level of current income. The Fund achieves this objective by investing at least 80% of its assets in first and second lien senior floating rate loans and other floating rate debt securities.
SAMBX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (12.13% of Total Assets)
|Asurion Llc Term Loan B4||N/A||1.71%|
|Ineos Us Finance Llc Term Loan B||N/A||1.63%|
|Panera Bread Company Term Loan A||N/A||1.56%|
|William Morris Endeavor En Term Loan B||N/A||1.26%|
|Altice France Sa Term Loan B12||N/A||1.11%|
|Refinitiv Us Holdings Term Loan B||N/A||1.06%|
|Ziggo Financing Partners Term Loan I||N/A||0.99%|
|Intelsat Jackson Hldg Term Loan B3||N/A||0.94%|
|ALTICE FRANCE S.A 4.24%||N/A||0.94%|
|Hca Inc Term Loan B12||N/A||0.93%|
The following are SAMBX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are SAMBX weaknesses from our perspective:
- SAMBX 3-year return is 1.38%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 3.61%.
- SAMBX 5-year return is 2.33%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 4%.
- SAMBX 10-year return is 3.41%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 4.4%.
- SAMBX 15-year return is 3.5%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 4.15%.
- SAMBX expense ratio is 0.62%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant SAMBX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following SAMBX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- SAMBX vs FFRHX
- SAMBX vs BFRIX
- SAMBX vs PRFRX
- SAMBX vs FFRIX
- SAMBX vs OOSAX
- SAMBX vs OOSYX
- SAMBX vs MXFIX
- SAMBX vs LSFYX
- SAMBX vs HFLIX
- SAMBX vs FAFRX