Both AGLYX and CWGIX are mutual funds. AGLYX has a lower 5-year return than CWGIX (6.15% vs 6.76%). AGLYX has a higher expense ratio than CWGIX (0.88% vs 0.75%). Below is the comparison between AGLYX and CWGIX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||International Equity: World Large Stock||International Equity: World Large Stock|
|Family||Ariel Investments||American Funds|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests in companies both within and outside the US of any market capitalization. The Fund identifies an investment opportunity that offers superior risk-adjusted returns that focuses on both the fundamentals of the business and the intrinsic value of the business.
AGLYX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (59.01% of Total Assets)
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||7.58%|
|Northern Institutional Treasury Premier||NTPXX||6.34%|
|Baidu Inc ADR||BIDU||5.97%|
|Philip Morris International Inc||PM||5.32%|
|Gilead Sciences Inc||GILD||4.99%|
|China Mobile Ltd||00941||4.96%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||4.43%|
|Nintendo Co Ltd||7974||4.32%|
The following are AGLYX strengths from our perspective:
- AGLYX 10-year return is 9.05%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.72%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are AGLYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AGLYX net assets are $159.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AGLYX 3-year return is 7.64%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.04%.
- AGLYX 5-year return is 6.15%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.14%.
- AGLYX expense ratio is 0.88%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant AGLYX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AGLYX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AGLYX vs ANWPX
- AGLYX vs CWGIX
- AGLYX vs DODWX
- AGLYX vs VHGEX
- AGLYX vs TEPLX
- AGLYX vs OPPAX
- AGLYX vs TEDIX
- AGLYX vs VTWIX
- AGLYX vs PRGSX
- AGLYX vs MDISX
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital while providing current income. The Fund invests primarily in stocks of well-established companies located around the world and that the investment adviser believes to be relatively resilient to market declines.
CWGIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (21.67% of Total Assets)
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||2.46%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||1.73%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||1.57%|
|Ocado Group PLC||OCDO.L||1.56%|
The following are CWGIX strengths from our perspective:
The following are CWGIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- CWGIX 3-year return is 7.6%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.04%.
- CWGIX 5-year return is 6.76%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.14%.
- CWGIX expense ratio is 0.75%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant CWGIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following CWGIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- CWGIX vs ANWPX
- CWGIX vs DODWX
- CWGIX vs VHGEX
- CWGIX vs TEPLX
- CWGIX vs OPPAX
- CWGIX vs TEDIX
- CWGIX vs VTWIX
- CWGIX vs PRGSX
- CWGIX vs MDISX
- CWGIX vs PGGAX