Both ALGAX and VWILX are mutual funds. ALGAX has a lower 5-year return than VWILX (4.97% vs 8.43%). ALGAX has a higher expense ratio than VWILX (1.22% vs 0.32%). Below is the comparison between ALGAX and VWILX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||International Equity: Foreign Large Growth||International Equity: Foreign Large Growth|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in common stocks of companies which appear, on the basis of original research, to have unusual appreciation potential, due to high unit volume growth or major life cycle change.
ALGAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (27.88% of Total Assets)
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||3.21%|
|Eurofins Scientific SE||ERF.PA||3.15%|
|Sika AG Registered Shares||SIKA||2.81%|
|Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd||00388.HK||2.62%|
|Lululemon Athletica Inc||LULU||2.58%|
|Partners Group Holding AG||PGHN||2.57%|
The following are ALGAX strengths from our perspective:
- ALGAX 3-year return is 8.59%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 5.13%.
- ALGAX 5-year return is 4.97%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 4.24%.
- ALGAX 10-year return is 5.83%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 6.37%.
- ALGAX 15-year return is 3.55%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 2.53%.
The following are ALGAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ALGAX net assets are $115.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ALGAX expense ratio is 1.22%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant ALGAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ALGAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ALGAX vs VWILX
- ALGAX vs AEPGX
- ALGAX vs HLMIX
- ALGAX vs FDIVX
- ALGAX vs FOSFX
- ALGAX vs VWIGX
- ALGAX vs LISIX
- ALGAX vs FIVFX
- ALGAX vs FCPIX
- ALGAX vs FIGRX
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in equity securities of companies based outside the United States. In selecting stocks, the Fund's advisor evaluates foreign markets around the world and chooses companies with above-average growth potential.
VWILX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (39.63% of Total Assets)
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||5.96%|
|ASML Holding NV||ASML||5.63%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||5.14%|
|Vanguard Market Liquidity Inv||N/A||3.70%|
|TAL Education Group ADR||TAL||2.64%|
|Spotify Technology SA||SPOT||2.61%|
The following are VWILX strengths from our perspective:
- VWILX 3-year return is 9.42%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 4.66%.
- VWILX 5-year return is 8.43%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 3.75%.
- VWILX 10-year return is 9.94%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 5.88%.
- VWILX 15-year return is 5.2%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 2.06%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
VWILX consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant VWILX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following VWILX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- VWILX vs VXUS
- VWILX vs VFIAX
- VWILX vs VTIAX
- VWILX vs VTRIX
- VWILX vs VWIGX
- VWILX vs AEPGX
- VWILX vs HLMIX
- VWILX vs FDIVX
- VWILX vs FOSFX
- VWILX vs LISIX
- VWILX vs FIVFX
- VWILX vs FCPIX
- VWILX vs FIGRX
- VWILX vs MFAIX