Both ALGCX and FCPIX are mutual funds. ALGCX has a lower 5-year return than FCPIX (4.13% vs 6.17%). ALGCX has a higher expense ratio than FCPIX (1.97% vs 0.97%). Below is the comparison between ALGCX and FCPIX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||International Equity: Foreign Large Growth||International Equity: Foreign Large Growth|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in common stocks of companies which appear, on the basis of original research, to have unusual appreciation potential, due to high unit volume growth or major life cycle change.
ALGCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (27.88% of Total Assets)
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||3.21%|
|Eurofins Scientific SE||ERF.PA||3.15%|
|Sika AG Registered Shares||SIKA||2.81%|
|Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd||00388.HK||2.62%|
|Lululemon Athletica Inc||LULU||2.58%|
|Partners Group Holding AG||PGHN||2.57%|
The following are ALGCX strengths from our perspective:
- ALGCX 3-year return is 7.74%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 5.13%.
- ALGCX 5-year return is 4.13%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 4.24%.
- ALGCX 15-year return is 2.75%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 2.53%.
The following are ALGCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ALGCX net assets are $2.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ALGCX 10-year return is 5%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 6.37%.
- ALGCX expense ratio is 1.97%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant ALGCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ALGCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ALGCX vs VWILX
- ALGCX vs AEPGX
- ALGCX vs HLMIX
- ALGCX vs FDIVX
- ALGCX vs FOSFX
- ALGCX vs VWIGX
- ALGCX vs LISIX
- ALGCX vs FIVFX
- ALGCX vs FCPIX
- ALGCX vs FIGRX
The Fund seeks capital appreciation. Fidelity Management & Research normally invests at least 65% of the Fund's assets in foreign securities, including securities of issuers located in emerging markets. The Fund normally invests in common stocks and will diversify the assets across different countries and regions.
FCPIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (20.00% of Total Assets)
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||3.36%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||2.49%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||2.41%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||1.95%|
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||1.79%|
|ASML Holding NV||ASML||1.46%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE||MC.PA||1.31%|
The following are FCPIX strengths from our perspective:
- FCPIX 3-year return is 5.14%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 4.66%.
- FCPIX 5-year return is 6.17%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 3.75%.
- FCPIX 10-year return is 9.09%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 5.88%.
- FCPIX 15-year return is 4.28%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 2.06%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are FCPIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- FCPIX expense ratio is 0.97%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant FCPIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following FCPIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- FCPIX vs VWILX
- FCPIX vs AEPGX
- FCPIX vs HLMIX
- FCPIX vs FDIVX
- FCPIX vs FOSFX
- FCPIX vs VWIGX
- FCPIX vs LISIX
- FCPIX vs FIVFX
- FCPIX vs FIGRX
- FCPIX vs MFAIX