Both ALGCX and HLMIX are mutual funds. ALGCX has a lower 5-year return than HLMIX (4.13% vs 4.38%). ALGCX has a higher expense ratio than HLMIX (1.97% vs 0.8%). Below is the comparison between ALGCX and HLMIX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||International Equity: Foreign Large Growth||International Equity: Foreign Large Growth|
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in common stocks of companies which appear, on the basis of original research, to have unusual appreciation potential, due to high unit volume growth or major life cycle change.
ALGCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (27.88% of Total Assets)
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||3.21%|
|Eurofins Scientific SE||ERF.PA||3.15%|
|Sika AG Registered Shares||SIKA||2.81%|
|Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd||00388.HK||2.62%|
|Lululemon Athletica Inc||LULU||2.58%|
|Partners Group Holding AG||PGHN||2.57%|
The following are ALGCX strengths from our perspective:
- ALGCX 3-year return is 7.74%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 5.13%.
- ALGCX 5-year return is 4.13%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 4.24%.
- ALGCX 15-year return is 2.75%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 2.53%.
The following are ALGCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ALGCX net assets are $2.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ALGCX 10-year return is 5%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA GR USD), 6.37%.
- ALGCX expense ratio is 1.97%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant ALGCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ALGCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ALGCX vs VWILX
- ALGCX vs AEPGX
- ALGCX vs HLMIX
- ALGCX vs FDIVX
- ALGCX vs FOSFX
- ALGCX vs VWIGX
- ALGCX vs LISIX
- ALGCX vs FIVFX
- ALGCX vs FCPIX
- ALGCX vs FIGRX
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation through investments in equity securities of companies based outside the United States. The Fund invests in equity securities of companies based in developed markets outside the U.S. as well as established companies in emerging markets.
HLMIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (31.96% of Total Assets)
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||3.56%|
|Infineon Technologies AG||IFX.DE||3.44%|
|Northern Institutional Treasury Premier||NTPXX||3.39%|
|SAP SE ADR||SAP.DE||3.34%|
|Atlas Copco AB A||ATCO A||3.34%|
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||3.13%|
|AIA Group Ltd||01299.HK||2.96%|
|Lonza Group Ltd||LONN||2.91%|
The following are HLMIX strengths from our perspective:
- HLMIX 3-year return is 5.35%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 4.66%.
- HLMIX 5-year return is 4.38%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 3.75%.
- HLMIX 10-year return is 7.34%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 5.88%.
- HLMIX 15-year return is 4.52%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 2.06%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are HLMIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- HLMIX expense ratio is 0.8%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant HLMIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following HLMIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- HLMIX vs VWILX
- HLMIX vs AEPGX
- HLMIX vs FDIVX
- HLMIX vs FOSFX
- HLMIX vs VWIGX
- HLMIX vs LISIX
- HLMIX vs FIVFX
- HLMIX vs FCPIX
- HLMIX vs FIGRX
- HLMIX vs MFAIX