Both AMGCX and OEGAX are mutual funds. AMGCX has a lower 5-year return than OEGAX (9.28% vs 11.16%). AMGCX has a higher expense ratio than OEGAX (2% vs 1.03%). Below is the comparison between AMGCX and OEGAX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Mid-Cap Growth||U.S. Equity: Mid-Cap Growth|
The Fund seeks to invest in midsize companies with promising growth potential by investing primarily in equity securities of firms having a market capitalization within range of companies in the S&P MidCap 400 Index.
AMGCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (18.47% of Total Assets)
|Advanced Micro Devices Inc||AMD||3.36%|
|US Foods Holding Corp||USFD||1.95%|
|Warrant on Forte Biosciences Inc Ordinary Shares||N/A||1.74%|
|Forte Biosciences Inc Ordinary Shares||FBRX||1.62%|
|Vail Resorts Inc||MTN||1.54%|
|Veeva Systems Inc Class A||VEEV||1.51%|
|Cadence Design Systems Inc||CDNS||1.50%|
|Universal Display Corp||OLED||1.42%|
The following are AMGCX strengths from our perspective:
The following are AMGCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMGCX net assets are $5.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AMGCX 10-year return is 10.7%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 12.31%.
- AMGCX 15-year return is 5.34%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 8.45%.
- AMGCX expense ratio is 2%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant AMGCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AMGCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AMGCX vs RPMGX
- AMGCX vs VMGMX
- AMGCX vs FMCSX
- AMGCX vs CIPIX
- AMGCX vs OEGAX
- AMGCX vs TWHIX
- AMGCX vs JAENX
- AMGCX vs VMGRX
- AMGCX vs FRSGX
- AMGCX vs BPTRX
The Fund seeks capital appreciation. The Fund emphasizes investments in equity securities of small- & mid-cap companies. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its net assets (plus any borrowings for investment purposes) in small- & mid-cap companies.
OEGAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (20.13% of Total Assets)
|West Pharmaceutical Services Inc||WST||1.99%|
|RingCentral Inc Class A||RNG||1.97%|
|Monolithic Power Systems Inc||MPWR||1.95%|
|Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc Class A||CMG||1.95%|
|IDEXX Laboratories Inc||IDXX||1.92%|
|Roper Technologies Inc||ROP||1.88%|
|Twilio Inc A||TWLO||1.79%|
The following are OEGAX strengths from our perspective:
- OEGAX 3-year return is 9.4%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 7.11%.
- OEGAX 5-year return is 11.16%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 9.94%.
- OEGAX 10-year return is 12.25%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 12.31%.
- OEGAX 15-year return is 9.13%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 8.45%.
The following are OEGAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- OEGAX expense ratio is 1.03%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant OEGAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following OEGAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- OEGAX vs RPMGX
- OEGAX vs VMGMX
- OEGAX vs FMCSX
- OEGAX vs CIPIX
- OEGAX vs TWHIX
- OEGAX vs JAENX
- OEGAX vs VMGRX
- OEGAX vs FRSGX
- OEGAX vs BPTRX
- OEGAX vs APHMX