Both AMIDX and ODMAX are mutual funds. AMIDX has a higher 5-year return than ODMAX (3.79% vs 0.66%). AMIDX has a lower expense ratio than ODMAX (0.97% vs 1.2%). Below is the comparison between AMIDX and ODMAX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||International Equity: Diversified Emerging Market||International Equity: Diversified Emerging Market|
The Fund seeks long-term capital growth, consistent with Islamic principles. Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of total net assets in common stocks of companies with significant exposure (50% or more of production assets, or revenues) to countries with developing economies and/or markets.
AMIDX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (41.45% of Total Assets)
|Tencent Holdings Ltd ADR||TCEHY||7.12%|
|Techtronic Industries Co Ltd||00669.HK||4.88%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||4.56%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||3.10%|
|Baidu Inc ADR||BIDU||3.10%|
|LG Household & Health Care Ltd||051900.KS||3.09%|
|Advantech Co Ltd||2395.TW||3.09%|
|Kansas City Southern||KSU||2.97%|
|Clicks Group Ltd||CLS.JO||2.93%|
The following are AMIDX strengths from our perspective:
- AMIDX 3-year return is 8.23%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.74%.
- AMIDX 5-year return is 3.79%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.14%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are AMIDX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMIDX net assets are $45.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AMIDX 10-year return is 2.12%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.75%.
- AMIDX expense ratio is 0.97%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant AMIDX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AMIDX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AMIDX vs ODVYX
- AMIDX vs VEMAX
- AMIDX vs NEWFX
- AMIDX vs VEMIX
- AMIDX vs EMGNX
- AMIDX vs VEMRX
- AMIDX vs FEMKX
- AMIDX vs HLMEX
- AMIDX vs MADCX
- AMIDX vs ODMAX
The Fund seeks aggressive capital appreciation by investing in common stocks of issuers in emerging and developing markets throughout the world. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its total net assets in equity securities of companies with high growth potential in at least three developing markets.
ODMAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (52.49% of Total Assets)
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||8.21%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||7.13%|
|MASTER CHINA SERIES 1||N/A||6.87%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA.PA||6.55%|
|Yum China Holdings Inc Ordinary Shares||YUMC.HK||3.97%|
|AIA Group Ltd||01299.BO||3.87%|
|Housing Development Finance Corp Ltd||HDFC||3.80%|
|Yandex NV Shs Class-A-||YNDX||3.53%|
|Huazhu Group Ltd ADR||HTHT||3.41%|
The following are ODMAX strengths from our perspective:
- ODMAX 15-year return is 3.31%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.56%.
The following are ODMAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ODMAX 3-year return is -1.87%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.74%.
- ODMAX 5-year return is 0.66%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.14%.
- ODMAX 10-year return is 3.04%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.75%.
- ODMAX expense ratio is 1.2%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant ODMAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ODMAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ODMAX vs ODVYX
- ODMAX vs VEMAX
- ODMAX vs NEWFX
- ODMAX vs VEMIX
- ODMAX vs EMGNX
- ODMAX vs VEMRX
- ODMAX vs FEMKX
- ODMAX vs HLMEX
- ODMAX vs MADCX
- ODMAX vs LZEMX