Both AMPCX and VPMAX are mutual funds. AMPCX has a lower 5-year return than VPMAX (9.13% vs 12.23%). AMPCX has a higher expense ratio than VPMAX (1.41% vs 0.31%). Below is the comparison between AMPCX and VPMAX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Large Growth||U.S. Equity: Large Growth|
The Fund seeks to provide long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks of issuers located in the U.S. with a record of above-average long-term growth.
AMPCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (27.88% of Total Assets)
AMPCX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AMPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMPCX net assets are $930.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AMPCX 3-year return is 6.38%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.04%.
- AMPCX 5-year return is 8.1%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.37%.
- AMPCX 10-year return is 11.04%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.88%.
- AMPCX 15-year return is 7.2%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 8.67%.
- AMPCX expense ratio is 1.41%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant AMPCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AMPCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AMPCX vs AGTHX
- AMPCX vs FCNTX
- AMPCX vs VPMAX
- AMPCX vs VIGAX
- AMPCX vs FBGRX
- AMPCX vs FDGRX
- AMPCX vs TRBCX
- AMPCX vs AMCPX
- AMPCX vs VWUAX
- AMPCX vs FMAGX
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital by investing in common stocks which are chosen on the basis of greater than average earning, growth potential, and quality of management.
VPMAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (37.81% of Total Assets)
|Eli Lilly and Co||LLY||5.81%|
|Texas Instruments Inc||TXN||3.52%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||2.80%|
|Micron Technology Inc||MU||2.50%|
|AstraZeneca PLC ADR||AZN.L||2.42%|
|Alphabet Inc A||GOOGL||2.13%|
The following are VPMAX strengths from our perspective:
- VPMAX 3-year return is 12.48%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.04%.
- VPMAX 5-year return is 12.23%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.37%.
- VPMAX 10-year return is 15.54%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.88%.
- VPMAX 15-year return is 10.58%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 8.67%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
VPMAX consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant VPMAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following VPMAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- VPMAX vs FCNTX
- VPMAX vs SPY
- VPMAX vs VOO
- VPMAX vs VFIAX
- VPMAX vs VPMCX
- VPMAX vs VTSAX
- VPMAX vs AGTHX
- VPMAX vs VIGAX
- VPMAX vs FBGRX
- VPMAX vs FDGRX
- VPMAX vs TRBCX
- VPMAX vs AMCPX
- VPMAX vs VWUAX
- VPMAX vs FMAGX
- VPMAX vs VIGIX