Both ANZAX and MCNVX are mutual funds. ANZAX has a higher 5-year return than MCNVX (13.53% vs 10.9%). ANZAX has a higher expense ratio than MCNVX (0.95% vs 0.61%). Below is the comparison between ANZAX and MCNVX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Balanced: Convertibles||U.S. Balanced: Convertibles|
|Family||Virtus||New York Life Investment Management LLC|
The Fund seeks maximum total return, consisting of capital appreciation and current income by investing at least 65% of its total assets in income producing equity securities. Equity securities include common stocks, preferred stocks, and securities (including debt securities) that are convertible into common-stock.
ANZAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (19.90% of Total Assets)
|Tesla Inc 2%||N/A||4.03%|
|Broadcom Inc Broadcom Inc 8 % Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock Ser A||AVGOP||2.21%|
|Danaher Corp PRF CONVERT 15/04/2022 USD - Ser A||DHRPA||1.94%|
|Zillow Group Inc 2.75%||N/A||1.85%|
|Splunk Inc 1.12%||N/A||1.85%|
|Microchip Technology Incorporated 1.62%||N/A||1.78%|
|Ringcentral Inc 0.01%||N/A||1.68%|
|Wayfair Inc 0.62%||N/A||1.54%|
|Teladoc Health Inc 1.25%||N/A||1.53%|
|NextEra Energy Inc Unit||NEEPP||1.49%|
The following are ANZAX strengths from our perspective:
- ANZAX 3-year return is 14.63%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA All US Convertible TR USD), 12.81%.
- ANZAX 5-year return is 13.53%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA All US Convertible TR USD), 11.14%.
- ANZAX 10-year return is 11.78%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA All US Convertible TR USD), 11.37%.
The following are ANZAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ANZAX net assets are $311.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ANZAX expense ratio is 0.95%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant ANZAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ANZAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ANZAX vs FCSZX
- ANZAX vs FCVSX
- ANZAX vs FISCX
- ANZAX vs NCIAX
- ANZAX vs MCNVX
- ANZAX vs CICVX
- ANZAX vs MCOAX
- ANZAX vs CNSAX
- ANZAX vs PACIX
- ANZAX vs CCVIX
The Fund seeks capital appreciation together with current income. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in convertible securities like bonds, debentures, corporate notes, preferred stocks or other securities that are convertible to common stock or the cash value of a stock or a basket or index of equity securities.
MCNVX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (26.84% of Total Assets)
|Danaher Corporation 0.01%||N/A||4.41%|
|Nice Systems Ltd 1.25%||N/A||3.35%|
|Mainstay Fds Tr||N/A||2.90%|
|Tesla Inc 1.25%||N/A||2.89%|
|Anthem Inc 2.75%||N/A||2.76%|
|Southwest Airlines Co. 1.25%||N/A||2.26%|
|Lumentum Holdings Incorporation 0.25%||N/A||2.26%|
|Chart Industries Inc 1%||N/A||2.17%|
|DexCom Inc 0.25%||N/A||1.94%|
|Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc. 0.6%||N/A||1.90%|
The following are MCNVX strengths from our perspective:
- MCNVX 3-year return is 12.95%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA All US Convertible TR USD), 12.81%.
- MCNVX 5-year return is 10.9%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA All US Convertible TR USD), 11.14%.
- MCNVX 10-year return is 11.06%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA All US Convertible TR USD), 11.37%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are MCNVX weaknesses from our perspective:
Other relevant MCNVX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following MCNVX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- MCNVX vs FCSZX
- MCNVX vs FCVSX
- MCNVX vs FISCX
- MCNVX vs NCIAX
- MCNVX vs CICVX
- MCNVX vs MCOAX
- MCNVX vs CNSAX
- MCNVX vs PACIX
- MCNVX vs CCVIX
- MCNVX vs ANZAX