Both AOTAX and EMGNX are mutual funds. AOTAX has a higher 5-year return than EMGNX (3.31% vs 1.64%). AOTAX has a higher expense ratio than EMGNX (1.28% vs 1.14%). Below is the comparison between AOTAX and EMGNX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||International Equity: Diversified Emerging Market||International Equity: Diversified Emerging Market|
The Fund seeks maximum long-term capital appreciation by investing in emerging market securities. Under normal market conditions, The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing at least 80% of its net assets in the securities of companies that are tied economically to countries with emerging securities.
AOTAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (43.77% of Total Assets)
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||10.20%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||7.83%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||5.56%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||4.06%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Ordinary Shares||09988||3.14%|
|NetEase Inc ADR||NTES||2.65%|
|United Microelectronics Corp||2303.TW||2.51%|
|Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL||CPF-F||2.42%|
|Anhui Conch Cement Co Ltd Class H||00914||2.37%|
The following are AOTAX strengths from our perspective:
- AOTAX 3-year return is 5%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.74%.
- AOTAX 5-year return is 3.31%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.14%.
- AOTAX 10-year return is 4.16%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.75%.
The following are AOTAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AOTAX net assets are $22.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AOTAX 15-year return is 1.47%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.56%.
- AOTAX expense ratio is 1.28%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AOTAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AOTAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AOTAX vs ODVYX
- AOTAX vs VEMAX
- AOTAX vs NEWFX
- AOTAX vs VEMIX
- AOTAX vs EMGNX
- AOTAX vs VEMRX
- AOTAX vs FEMKX
- AOTAX vs HLMEX
- AOTAX vs MADCX
- AOTAX vs ODMAX
The Fund seeks long-term capital growth. The Fund invests in emerging market equity securities. It may invest in other types of instruments, including investment-grade debt securities. It may also invest in high-quality money market instruments in response to adverse economic, political or market conditions.
EMGNX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (35.29% of Total Assets)
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||5.13%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||4.84%|
|Wells Fargo Government MMkt Select||WFFXX||4.56%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||3.91%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||3.40%|
|Reliance Industries Ltd ADR||RIGD.BO||3.04%|
|Li Ning Co Ltd||02331||2.84%|
|Bilibili Inc ADR||BILI||2.47%|
The following are EMGNX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are EMGNX weaknesses from our perspective:
- EMGNX 3-year return is 1.94%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.74%.
- EMGNX 5-year return is 1.64%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.14%.
- EMGNX 10-year return is 3.17%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.75%.
- EMGNX expense ratio is 1.14%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant EMGNX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following EMGNX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- EMGNX vs ODVYX
- EMGNX vs VEMAX
- EMGNX vs NEWFX
- EMGNX vs VEMIX
- EMGNX vs VEMRX
- EMGNX vs FEMKX
- EMGNX vs HLMEX
- EMGNX vs MADCX
- EMGNX vs ODMAX
- EMGNX vs LZEMX