Both AAETX and ARCVX are mutual funds. AAETX has a higher 5-year return than ARCVX (7.04% vs 5.36%). AAETX has a lower expense ratio than ARCVX (0.34% vs 0.78%). Below is the comparison between AAETX and ARCVX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Balanced: Target-Date 2030||U.S. Balanced: Target-Date 2030|
|Family||American Funds||American Century Investments|
The Fund seeks to provide for investors that plan to retire in 2030. Depending on its proximity to its target date, the Fund will seek to achieve the following: growth, income and conservation of capital. Each Fund will attempt to achieve its investment objectives by investing in a mix of American Funds.
AAETX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (60.15% of Total Assets)
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||7.85%|
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||7.17%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||6.56%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||6.13%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||5.75%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||5.64%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||5.61%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||5.59%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||5.12%|
|American Funds Capital World Bond R6||RCWGX||4.73%|
The following are AAETX strengths from our perspective:
- AAETX 3-year return is 7.35%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date 2030 TR USD), 6.44%.
- AAETX 5-year return is 7.04%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date 2030 TR USD), 6.21%.
- AAETX 10-year return is 9.39%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date 2030 TR USD), 8.13%.
- AAETX 15-year return is 6.07%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date 2030 TR USD), 5.23%.
The following are AAETX weaknesses from our perspective:
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.26%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AAETX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AAETX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AAETX vs VTHRX
- AAETX vs FFFEX
- AAETX vs TRRCX
- AAETX vs TLHIX
- AAETX vs TCRIX
- AAETX vs URTRX
- AAETX vs FEFIX
- AAETX vs SWDRX
- AAETX vs SWYEX
- AAETX vs ARCVX
The Fund seeks the highest total return consistent with its asset mix. One Choice 2030 Portfolio is a fund of funds, meaning that it seeks to achieve its objective by investing in other American Century mutual funds, the underlying fund, that represent a variety of asset classes and investment styles.
ARCVX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (71.42% of Total Assets)
|American Century NT Diversified Bond G||ACLDX||19.02%|
|American Century NT Large Co Val G||ACLLX||9.06%|
|American Century Global Bond G||AGBGX||7.35%|
|American Century Sustainable Equity G||AFEGX||7.10%|
|American Century US Government MMkt Fd G||AGGXX||5.26%|
|American Century NT Mid Cap Value G||ACLMX||5.07%|
|American Century NT Growth G||ACLTX||4.96%|
|American Century Inflation-Adjs Bond G||AINGX||4.70%|
|American Century NT International Gr G||ACLNX||4.68%|
|American Century NT High Income G||AHGNX||4.22%|
The following are ARCVX strengths from our perspective:
- ARCVX 3-year return is 5.54%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date To 2030 TR), 6.07%.
- ARCVX 5-year return is 5.36%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date To 2030 TR), 5.83%.
- ARCVX 10-year return is 6.96%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date To 2030 TR), 7.36%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are ARCVX weaknesses from our perspective:
Other relevant ARCVX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ARCVX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ARCVX vs VTHRX
- ARCVX vs FFFEX
- ARCVX vs TRRCX
- ARCVX vs TLHIX
- ARCVX vs TCRIX
- ARCVX vs AAETX
- ARCVX vs URTRX
- ARCVX vs FEFIX
- ARCVX vs SWDRX
- ARCVX vs SWYEX