Both AMRMX and ARTLX are mutual funds. AMRMX has a higher 5-year return than ARTLX (10.36% vs 9.12%). AMRMX has a lower expense ratio than ARTLX (0.58% vs 1.05%). Below is the comparison between AMRMX and ARTLX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Large Value||U.S. Equity: Large Value|
|Family||American Funds||Artisan Partners Funds Inc|
The Fund seeks current income, growth of capital and conservation of principal. The Fund seeks to invest primarily in common stocks of companies that are likely to participate in the growth of the American economy and whose dividends appear to be sustainable in the United States and Canada.
AMRMX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (25.00% of Total Assets)
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||3.09%|
|Gilead Sciences Inc||GILD||2.98%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||2.28%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||2.15%|
|Procter & Gamble Co||PG||1.95%|
|Verizon Communications Inc||VZ||1.75%|
AMRMX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AMRMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMRMX 3-year return is 10.86%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.04%.
- AMRMX 5-year return is 10.36%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.37%.
- AMRMX 10-year return is 11.65%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.88%.
- AMRMX 15-year return is 7.6%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 8.67%.
- AMRMX expense ratio is 0.58%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AMRMX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AMRMX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AMRMX vs DODGX
- AMRMX vs AWSHX
- AMRMX vs VEIRX
- AMRMX vs VWNAX
- AMRMX vs VVIAX
- AMRMX vs VWNEX
- AMRMX vs GSFTX
- AMRMX vs VIVIX
- AMRMX vs VWNFX
- AMRMX vs MADVX
The Fund seeks maximum long-term capital growth. The Fund invests in common stocks and other equity securities of larger U.S. companies. In addition, the Fund may invest up to 25% of its net assets at market value at the time of purchase in common stocks and other equity securities of non-U.S. companies.
ARTLX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (41.37% of Total Assets)
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||6.24%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||5.03%|
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||4.40%|
|Booking Holdings Inc||BKNG||4.20%|
|Goldman Sachs Group Inc||GS||3.16%|
|Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA||FME.DE||3.16%|
|E*TRADE Financial Corp||N/A||3.16%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Participating Preferred||005935.KS||3.06%|
The following are ARTLX strengths from our perspective:
- ARTLX 3-year return is 12.8%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 9.62%.
- ARTLX 5-year return is 9.12%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 8.53%.
- ARTLX 10-year return is 10.73%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.63%.
- ARTLX 15-year return is 6.49%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 6.25%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are ARTLX weaknesses from our perspective:
Other relevant ARTLX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ARTLX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ARTLX vs DODGX
- ARTLX vs AWSHX
- ARTLX vs VEIRX
- ARTLX vs VWNAX
- ARTLX vs AMRMX
- ARTLX vs VVIAX
- ARTLX vs VWNEX
- ARTLX vs GSFTX
- ARTLX vs VIVIX
- ARTLX vs VWNFX