Both ATFCX and FMUSX are mutual funds. ATFCX has a lower 5-year return than FMUSX (0.23% vs 0.81%). ATFCX has a higher expense ratio than FMUSX (1.33% vs 0.36%). Below is the comparison between ATFCX and FMUSX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Tax Exempt Fixed Income: Muni National Short||Tax Exempt Fixed Income: Muni National Short|
The Fund seeks to generate as high a level of tax-exempt income as is consistent with the preservation of capital, by investing in high-quality, intermediate-term municipal securities that have a maturity of 10 years or less.
ATFCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (13.14% of Total Assets)
|NEW YORK N Y CITY MUN WTR FIN AUTH WTR & SWR SYS REV 0.09%||N/A||2.45%|
|TENNESSEE ENERGY ACQUISITION CORP GAS REV 5.25%||N/A||1.78%|
|GULF COAST INDL DEV AUTH TEX REV 0.05%||N/A||1.60%|
|METROPOLITAN TRANSN AUTH N Y REV 0.1%||N/A||1.56%|
|BLACK BELT ENERGY GAS DIST ALA GAS PREPAY REV 4%||N/A||1.27%|
|NEW YORK N Y CITY INDL DEV AGY REV 0.12%||N/A||1.13%|
|ARIZONA HEALTH FACS AUTH REV 0.08%||N/A||0.97%|
|MISSISSIPPI BUSINESS FIN CORP MISS GULF OPPORTUNITY ZONE 0.08%||N/A||0.86%|
|CHESAPEAKE BAY BRDG & TUNL DIST VA REV 5%||N/A||0.78%|
|MIZUHO FLOATER / RESIDUAL TR VAR STS 0.36%||N/A||0.74%|
ATFCX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are ATFCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ATFCX net assets are $69.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ATFCX 3-year return is -0.22%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), -0.07%.
- ATFCX 5-year return is 0.23%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 1.43%.
- ATFCX 10-year return is 0.61%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 2.37%.
- ATFCX expense ratio is 1.33%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant ATFCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ATFCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ATFCX vs VMLUX
- ATFCX vs VWSUX
- ATFCX vs LTEBX
- ATFCX vs LTMIX
- ATFCX vs FMNDX
- ATFCX vs FSTFX
- ATFCX vs STRIX
- ATFCX vs FMUSX
- ATFCX vs ORSYX
- ATFCX vs FLTDX
The Fund seeks to provide current income exempt from federal regular income tax. Invests at least 80% of its assets in a portfolio of tax-exempt securities issued by state and local governments, and of primarily investment grade or of comparable quality. Dollar-weighted average portfolio duration is one year or less.
FMUSX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (14.60% of Total Assets)
|PORT PORT ARTHUR TEX NAV DIST ENVIRONMENTAL FACS REV 0.17%||N/A||2.06%|
|PORT PORT ARTHUR TEX NAV DIST ENVIRONMENTAL FACS REV 0.4%||N/A||1.76%|
|PENNSYLVANIA ECONOMIC DEV FING AUTH SOLID WASTE DISP REV 0.65%||N/A||1.74%|
|NUVEEN AMT-FREE MUN CR INCOME FD 0.68%||N/A||1.74%|
|CALIFORNIA INFRASTRUCTURE & ECONOMIC DEV BK REV 0.75%||N/A||1.74%|
|J P MORGAN CHASE PUTTERS / DRIVERS TR VAR STS 0.29%||N/A||1.45%|
|TEXAS ST 4%||N/A||1.44%|
|PITTSBURGH PA WTR & SWR AUTH WTR & SWR SYS REV 0.76%||N/A||1.39%|
|PORT CORPUS CHRISTI AUTH TEX NUECES CNTY SOLID WASTE DISP REV 0.33%||N/A||1.28%|
The following are FMUSX strengths from our perspective:
- FMUSX 5-year return is 0.81%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Municipal 1 Yr 1-2 TR USD), 0.86%.
- FMUSX 10-year return is 0.73%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Municipal 1 Yr 1-2 TR USD), 0.8%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are FMUSX weaknesses from our perspective:
Other relevant FMUSX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following FMUSX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- FMUSX vs VMLUX
- FMUSX vs VWSUX
- FMUSX vs LTEBX
- FMUSX vs LTMIX
- FMUSX vs FMNDX
- FMUSX vs FSTFX
- FMUSX vs STRIX
- FMUSX vs ORSYX
- FMUSX vs FLTDX
- FMUSX vs ATFAX