Both ATFCX and LTMIX are mutual funds. ATFCX has a lower 5-year return than LTMIX (0.23% vs 0.47%). ATFCX has a higher expense ratio than LTMIX (1.33% vs 0.46%). Below is the comparison between ATFCX and LTMIX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Tax Exempt Fixed Income: Muni National Short||Tax Exempt Fixed Income: Muni National Short|
The Fund seeks to generate as high a level of tax-exempt income as is consistent with the preservation of capital, by investing in high-quality, intermediate-term municipal securities that have a maturity of 10 years or less.
ATFCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (13.14% of Total Assets)
|NEW YORK N Y CITY MUN WTR FIN AUTH WTR & SWR SYS REV 0.09%||N/A||2.45%|
|TENNESSEE ENERGY ACQUISITION CORP GAS REV 5.25%||N/A||1.78%|
|GULF COAST INDL DEV AUTH TEX REV 0.05%||N/A||1.60%|
|METROPOLITAN TRANSN AUTH N Y REV 0.1%||N/A||1.56%|
|BLACK BELT ENERGY GAS DIST ALA GAS PREPAY REV 4%||N/A||1.27%|
|NEW YORK N Y CITY INDL DEV AGY REV 0.12%||N/A||1.13%|
|ARIZONA HEALTH FACS AUTH REV 0.08%||N/A||0.97%|
|MISSISSIPPI BUSINESS FIN CORP MISS GULF OPPORTUNITY ZONE 0.08%||N/A||0.86%|
|CHESAPEAKE BAY BRDG & TUNL DIST VA REV 5%||N/A||0.78%|
|MIZUHO FLOATER / RESIDUAL TR VAR STS 0.36%||N/A||0.74%|
ATFCX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are ATFCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ATFCX net assets are $69.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ATFCX 3-year return is -0.22%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), -0.07%.
- ATFCX 5-year return is 0.23%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 1.43%.
- ATFCX 10-year return is 0.61%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 2.37%.
- ATFCX expense ratio is 1.33%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant ATFCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ATFCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ATFCX vs VMLUX
- ATFCX vs VWSUX
- ATFCX vs LTEBX
- ATFCX vs LTMIX
- ATFCX vs FMNDX
- ATFCX vs FSTFX
- ATFCX vs STRIX
- ATFCX vs FMUSX
- ATFCX vs ORSYX
- ATFCX vs FLTDX
The Fund seeks to provide the highest level of income exempt from regular federal individual income tax as is consistent, in the view of the investment advisor, with preservation of capital.
LTMIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (10.01% of Total Assets)
|TEXAS ST 4%||N/A||2.57%|
|KENTUCKY INC KY PUB ENERGY AUTH GAS SUPLLY REV 4%||N/A||1.51%|
|CENTRAL PLAINS ENERGY PROJ NEB GAS PROJ REV 5%||N/A||0.99%|
|LOS ANGELES CALIF 4%||N/A||0.83%|
|DADE CNTY FLA INDL DEV AUTH EXEMPT FACS REV 0.14%||N/A||0.72%|
|UTAH ST BRD HIGHER ED REV 5.5%||N/A||0.71%|
|UNIVERSITY N C CHAPEL HILL REV 0.45%||N/A||0.71%|
|NORTHERN CALIF ENERGY AUTH COMMODITY SUPPLY REV 4%||N/A||0.68%|
|NEW YORK N Y CITY MUN WTR FIN AUTH WTR & SWR SYS REV 0.13%||N/A||0.66%|
|NASSAU CNTY N Y 4%||N/A||0.63%|
The following are LTMIX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are LTMIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- LTMIX 3-year return is -0.4%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-10 Year US Municipal Securities TR USD), -0.02%.
- LTMIX 5-year return is 0.47%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-10 Year US Municipal Securities TR USD), 0.95%.
- LTMIX 10-year return is 1.1%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-10 Year US Municipal Securities TR USD), 1.45%.
- LTMIX 15-year return is 2.45%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-10 Year US Municipal Securities TR USD), 2.75%.
Other relevant LTMIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following LTMIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- LTMIX vs VMLUX
- LTMIX vs VWSUX
- LTMIX vs LTEBX
- LTMIX vs FMNDX
- LTMIX vs FSTFX
- LTMIX vs STRIX
- LTMIX vs FMUSX
- LTMIX vs ORSYX
- LTMIX vs FLTDX
- LTMIX vs ATFAX