Both ATFCX and VMLUX are mutual funds. ATFCX has a lower 5-year return than VMLUX (0.23% vs 1.03%). ATFCX has a higher expense ratio than VMLUX (1.33% vs 0.09%). Below is the comparison between ATFCX and VMLUX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Tax Exempt Fixed Income: Muni National Short||Tax Exempt Fixed Income: Muni National Short|
The Fund seeks to generate as high a level of tax-exempt income as is consistent with the preservation of capital, by investing in high-quality, intermediate-term municipal securities that have a maturity of 10 years or less.
ATFCX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (13.14% of Total Assets)
|NEW YORK N Y CITY MUN WTR FIN AUTH WTR & SWR SYS REV 0.09%||N/A||2.45%|
|TENNESSEE ENERGY ACQUISITION CORP GAS REV 5.25%||N/A||1.78%|
|GULF COAST INDL DEV AUTH TEX REV 0.05%||N/A||1.60%|
|METROPOLITAN TRANSN AUTH N Y REV 0.1%||N/A||1.56%|
|BLACK BELT ENERGY GAS DIST ALA GAS PREPAY REV 4%||N/A||1.27%|
|NEW YORK N Y CITY INDL DEV AGY REV 0.12%||N/A||1.13%|
|ARIZONA HEALTH FACS AUTH REV 0.08%||N/A||0.97%|
|MISSISSIPPI BUSINESS FIN CORP MISS GULF OPPORTUNITY ZONE 0.08%||N/A||0.86%|
|CHESAPEAKE BAY BRDG & TUNL DIST VA REV 5%||N/A||0.78%|
|MIZUHO FLOATER / RESIDUAL TR VAR STS 0.36%||N/A||0.74%|
ATFCX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are ATFCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ATFCX net assets are $69.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ATFCX 3-year return is -0.22%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), -0.07%.
- ATFCX 5-year return is 0.23%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 1.43%.
- ATFCX 10-year return is 0.61%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 2.37%.
- ATFCX expense ratio is 1.33%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant ATFCX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ATFCX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ATFCX vs VMLUX
- ATFCX vs VWSUX
- ATFCX vs LTEBX
- ATFCX vs LTMIX
- ATFCX vs FMNDX
- ATFCX vs FSTFX
- ATFCX vs STRIX
- ATFCX vs FMUSX
- ATFCX vs ORSYX
- ATFCX vs FLTDX
The Fund seeks to provide investors with a high level of current income exempt from Federal income taxes primarily through investment in high-quality municipal securities with an average maturity of 2 to 5 years.
VMLUX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (3.09% of Total Assets)
|GRAND PKWY TRANSN CORP TEX||N/A||0.63%|
|NUVEEN INSD TAX-FREE ADVANTAGE MUN FD||N/A||0.44%|
|MAIN STR NAT GAS INC GA GAS SUPPLY REV||N/A||0.39%|
|NUVEEN AMT-FREE MUN CR INCOME FD||N/A||0.35%|
|KENTUCKY INC KY PUB ENERGY AUTH GAS SUPLLY REV||N/A||0.35%|
|CENTRAL PLAINS ENERGY PROJ NEB GAS SUPPLY REV||N/A||0.33%|
|NEW YORK N Y CITY HSG DEV CORP MULTIFAMILY RENT HSG REV||N/A||0.31%|
|BLACK BELT ENERGY GAS DIST ALA GAS SUPPLY REV||N/A||0.29%|
The following are VMLUX strengths from our perspective:
- VMLUX 3-year return is 0.45%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Municipal 1-5 Yr TR USD), 0.23%.
- VMLUX 5-year return is 1.03%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Municipal 1-5 Yr TR USD), 0.79%.
- VMLUX 10-year return is 1.18%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Municipal 1-5 Yr TR USD), 1.02%.
- VMLUX 15-year return is 2.03%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Municipal 1-5 Yr TR USD), 2.07%.
- VMLUX expense ratio is 0.09%, which is considered low. Nice job picking a low-cost fund.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
VMLUX consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant VMLUX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following VMLUX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- VMLUX vs VWSUX
- VMLUX vs LTEBX
- VMLUX vs LTMIX
- VMLUX vs FMNDX
- VMLUX vs FSTFX
- VMLUX vs STRIX
- VMLUX vs FMUSX
- VMLUX vs ORSYX
- VMLUX vs FLTDX
- VMLUX vs ATFAX