Both AUXIX and AWSHX are mutual funds. AUXIX has a lower 5-year return than AWSHX (8.8% vs 11.47%). AUXIX has a higher expense ratio than AWSHX (0.8% vs 0.58%). Below is the comparison between AUXIX and AWSHX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Large Value||U.S. Equity: Large Value|
|Family||Auxier Funds||American Funds|
The Fund seeks to provide long term capital appreciation. The Fund invests primarily in a portfolio of common stocks that the Fund's advisor believes offer growth opportunities at a reasonable price. The Fund intends to focus its investments in the equity securities of medium to large U.S. companies.
AUXIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (41.64% of Total Assets)
The following are AUXIX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are AUXIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AUXIX net assets are $119.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AUXIX 3-year return is 9.78%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.04%.
- AUXIX 5-year return is 8.8%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.37%.
- AUXIX 10-year return is 9.51%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.88%.
- AUXIX expense ratio is 0.8%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant AUXIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AUXIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AUXIX vs DODGX
- AUXIX vs AWSHX
- AUXIX vs VEIRX
- AUXIX vs VWNAX
- AUXIX vs AMRMX
- AUXIX vs VVIAX
- AUXIX vs VWNEX
- AUXIX vs GSFTX
- AUXIX vs VIVIX
- AUXIX vs VWNFX
The Fund seeks to produce income and to provide an opportunity for growth of principal consistent with sound common stock investing. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks of established companies that are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and have a strong record of earnings and dividends.
AWSHX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (30.96% of Total Assets)
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||4.23%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||3.26%|
|Johnson & Johnson||JNJ||2.47%|
|Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc||MMC||2.12%|
|Verizon Communications Inc||VZ||2.00%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||1.93%|
The following are AWSHX strengths from our perspective:
- AWSHX 3-year return is 11.9%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.04%.
- AWSHX 5-year return is 11.47%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.37%.
- AWSHX 10-year return is 12.83%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.88%.
- AWSHX 15-year return is 7.89%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 8.67%.
The following are AWSHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AWSHX expense ratio is 0.58%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.24%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AWSHX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AWSHX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AWSHX vs DODGX
- AWSHX vs VEIRX
- AWSHX vs VWNAX
- AWSHX vs AMRMX
- AWSHX vs VVIAX
- AWSHX vs VWNEX
- AWSHX vs GSFTX
- AWSHX vs VIVIX
- AWSHX vs VWNFX
- AWSHX vs MADVX