Both AWSHX and DHLRX are mutual funds. AWSHX has a higher 5-year return than DHLRX (8.66% vs 6.71%). AWSHX has a lower expense ratio than DHLRX (0.57% vs 0.67%). Below is the comparison between AWSHX and DHLRX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Category||Large Value||Large Value|
|Family||American Funds||Diamond Hill Funds|
The Fund seeks to produce income and to provide an opportunity for growth of principal consistent with sound common stock investing. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks of established companies that are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and have a strong record of earnings and dividends.
AWSHX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (29.87% of Total Assets)
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||3.24%|
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||2.68%|
|Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc||MMC||2.51%|
|Eli Lilly and Co||LLY||1.98%|
|Northrop Grumman Corp||NOC||1.80%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||1.75%|
|Philip Morris International Inc||PM||1.70%|
AWSHX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AWSHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AWSHX 3-year return is 12.25%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.77%.
- AWSHX 5-year return is 8.66%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.15%.
- AWSHX 10-year return is 10.39%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.21%.
- AWSHX expense ratio is 0.57%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2486611073%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AWSHX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AWSHX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AWSHX vs DODGX
- AWSHX vs AMRMX
- AWSHX vs GSFTX
- AWSHX vs MADVX
- AWSHX vs PRFDX
- AWSHX vs NBPIX
- AWSHX vs SFLNX
- AWSHX vs DHLRX
- AWSHX vs FEQIX
- AWSHX vs DSEEX
The Fund seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing in common stocks that the Fund's adviser believes are undervalued. The Fund normally invests at least 80% of its assets in large capitalization companies, defined as those companies with a market capitalization of $5 billion or more.
DHLRX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (31.49% of Total Assets)
|American International Group Inc||AIG||4.71%|
|State Street Instl US Govt MMkt Premier||GVMXX||3.08%|
|Bank of America Corp||BAC||2.91%|
|KKR & Co Inc Ordinary Shares||KKR||2.85%|
|Texas Instruments Inc||TXN||2.57%|
The following are DHLRX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are DHLRX weaknesses from our perspective:
- DHLRX 3-year return is 9.54%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 11.93%.
- DHLRX 5-year return is 6.71%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 12.07%.
- DHLRX 10-year return is 9.13%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 10.95%.
- DHLRX expense ratio is 0.67%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant DHLRX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following DHLRX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- DHLRX vs DODGX
- DHLRX vs AWSHX
- DHLRX vs AMRMX
- DHLRX vs GSFTX
- DHLRX vs MADVX
- DHLRX vs PRFDX
- DHLRX vs NBPIX
- DHLRX vs SFLNX
- DHLRX vs FEQIX
- DHLRX vs DSEEX