Both AWSHX and GSFTX are mutual funds. AWSHX has a lower 5-year return than GSFTX (11.28% vs 11.53%). AWSHX has a lower expense ratio than GSFTX (0.57% vs 0.65%). Below is the comparison between AWSHX and GSFTX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Category||Large Value||Large Value|
|Family||American Funds||Columbia Threadneedle|
The Fund seeks to produce income and to provide an opportunity for growth of principal consistent with sound common stock investing. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks of established companies that are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and have a strong record of earnings and dividends.
AWSHX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (30.63% of Total Assets)
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||4.26%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||3.35%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co||JPM||2.21%|
|Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc||MMC||2.09%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||1.97%|
|CVS Health Corp||CVS||1.87%|
AWSHX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AWSHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AWSHX 3-year return is 9.05%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.77%.
- AWSHX 5-year return is 11.28%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.15%.
- AWSHX 10-year return is 11.6%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.21%.
- AWSHX expense ratio is 0.57%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2486611073%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AWSHX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AWSHX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AWSHX vs DODGX
- AWSHX vs AMRMX
- AWSHX vs GSFTX
- AWSHX vs MADVX
- AWSHX vs PRFDX
- AWSHX vs NBPIX
- AWSHX vs SFLNX
- AWSHX vs DHLRX
- AWSHX vs FEQIX
- AWSHX vs DSEEX
GSFTX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (26.01% of Total Assets)
|Johnson & Johnson||JNJ||3.09%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co||JPM||3.07%|
|Bank of America Corp||BAC||2.77%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||2.54%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||2.43%|
|Union Pacific Corp||UNP||2.36%|
|Procter & Gamble Co||PG||2.17%|
The following are GSFTX strengths from our perspective:
- GSFTX 5-year return is 11.53%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 12.07%.
- GSFTX 10-year return is 12.06%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 10.95%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are GSFTX weaknesses from our perspective:
Other relevant GSFTX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following GSFTX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- GSFTX vs DODGX
- GSFTX vs AWSHX
- GSFTX vs AMRMX
- GSFTX vs MADVX
- GSFTX vs PRFDX
- GSFTX vs NBPIX
- GSFTX vs SFLNX
- GSFTX vs DHLRX
- GSFTX vs FEQIX
- GSFTX vs DSEEX