Both AWSHX and MADVX are mutual funds. AWSHX has a higher 5-year return than MADVX (8.66% vs 6.85%). AWSHX has a lower expense ratio than MADVX (0.57% vs 0.68%). Below is the comparison between AWSHX and MADVX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Category||Large Value||Large Value|
The Fund seeks to produce income and to provide an opportunity for growth of principal consistent with sound common stock investing. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks of established companies that are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and have a strong record of earnings and dividends.
AWSHX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (29.87% of Total Assets)
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||3.24%|
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||2.68%|
|Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc||MMC||2.51%|
|Eli Lilly and Co||LLY||1.98%|
|Northrop Grumman Corp||NOC||1.80%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||1.75%|
|Philip Morris International Inc||PM||1.70%|
AWSHX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AWSHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AWSHX 3-year return is 12.25%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.77%.
- AWSHX 5-year return is 8.66%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.15%.
- AWSHX 10-year return is 10.39%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.21%.
- AWSHX expense ratio is 0.57%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2486611073%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AWSHX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AWSHX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AWSHX vs DODGX
- AWSHX vs AMRMX
- AWSHX vs GSFTX
- AWSHX vs MADVX
- AWSHX vs PRFDX
- AWSHX vs NBPIX
- AWSHX vs SFLNX
- AWSHX vs DHLRX
- AWSHX vs FEQIX
- AWSHX vs DSEEX
The Fund seeks long-term total return and current income. The Fund seeks to achieve its objective by investing primarily in a diversified portfolio of equity securities. Under normal circumstances, the Fund will invest at least 80% of assets in equity securities and at least 80% of assets in dividend paying securities.
MADVX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (27.53% of Total Assets)
|BlackRock Liquidity T-Fund Instl||TSTXX||4.74%|
|Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp Class A||CTSH||2.85%|
|Wells Fargo & Co||WFC||2.80%|
|Laboratory Corp of America Holdings||LH||2.47%|
|Cisco Systems Inc||CSCO||2.41%|
|The Kraft Heinz Co||KHC||2.37%|
|American International Group Inc||AIG||2.36%|
The following are MADVX strengths from our perspective:
- MADVX 3-year return is 11.81%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.93%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are MADVX weaknesses from our perspective:
- MADVX 5-year return is 7.21%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 12.07%.
- MADVX 10-year return is 9.31%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 10.95%.
- MADVX expense ratio is 0.68%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant MADVX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following MADVX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- MADVX vs DODGX
- MADVX vs AWSHX
- MADVX vs AMRMX
- MADVX vs GSFTX
- MADVX vs PRFDX
- MADVX vs NBPIX
- MADVX vs SFLNX
- MADVX vs DHLRX
- MADVX vs FEQIX
- MADVX vs DSEEX