Both AWSHX and NBPIX are mutual funds. AWSHX has a lower 5-year return than NBPIX (8.66% vs 10.32%). AWSHX has a lower expense ratio than NBPIX (0.57% vs 0.62%). Below is the comparison between AWSHX and NBPIX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Category||Large Value||Large Value|
|Family||American Funds||Neuberger Berman|
The Fund seeks to produce income and to provide an opportunity for growth of principal consistent with sound common stock investing. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks of established companies that are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and have a strong record of earnings and dividends.
AWSHX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (29.87% of Total Assets)
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||3.24%|
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||2.68%|
|Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc||MMC||2.51%|
|Eli Lilly and Co||LLY||1.98%|
|Northrop Grumman Corp||NOC||1.80%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||1.75%|
|Philip Morris International Inc||PM||1.70%|
AWSHX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AWSHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AWSHX 3-year return is 12.25%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.77%.
- AWSHX 5-year return is 8.66%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.15%.
- AWSHX 10-year return is 10.39%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.21%.
- AWSHX expense ratio is 0.57%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2486611073%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AWSHX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AWSHX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AWSHX vs DODGX
- AWSHX vs AMRMX
- AWSHX vs GSFTX
- AWSHX vs MADVX
- AWSHX vs PRFDX
- AWSHX vs NBPIX
- AWSHX vs SFLNX
- AWSHX vs DHLRX
- AWSHX vs FEQIX
- AWSHX vs DSEEX
The Fund seeks capital growth by investing principally in common stocks of established medium-to-large capitalization companies, using a value-oriented investment approach.
NBPIX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (33.98% of Total Assets)
|Johnson & Johnson||JNJ||4.65%|
|Procter & Gamble Co||PG||4.44%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||3.97%|
|Merck & Co Inc||MRK||3.53%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co||JPM||3.45%|
|Exxon Mobil Corp||XOM||3.42%|
|Duke Energy Corp||DUK||2.69%|
|Mondelez International Inc Class A||MDLZ||2.52%|
The following are NBPIX strengths from our perspective:
- NBPIX 3-year return is 15.62%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.93%.
- NBPIX 5-year return is 10.88%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 12.07%.
- NBPIX 10-year return is 10.66%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 10.95%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are NBPIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- NBPIX expense ratio is 0.62%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant NBPIX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following NBPIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- NBPIX vs DODGX
- NBPIX vs AWSHX
- NBPIX vs AMRMX
- NBPIX vs GSFTX
- NBPIX vs MADVX
- NBPIX vs PRFDX
- NBPIX vs SFLNX
- NBPIX vs DHLRX
- NBPIX vs FEQIX
- NBPIX vs DSEEX