Both BACAX and VENAX are mutual funds. BACAX has a lower 5-year return than VENAX (6.57% vs 7.79%). BACAX has a higher expense ratio than VENAX (1.32% vs 0.1%). Below is the comparison between BACAX and VENAX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Specialty: Equity Energy||Specialty: Equity Energy|
|Management Style||active||passive (index-based)|
The Fund seeks to provide long-term growth of capital by investing at least 80% of its total assets in securities of global energy and natural resources companies and companies in associated businesses, as well as utilities. The Fund may invest without limit in companies located anywhere in the world.
BACAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (62.96% of Total Assets)
|Royal Dutch Shell PLC Class A||RDSA.L||8.78%|
|TC Energy Corp||TRP.TO||4.66%|
|Williams Companies Inc||WMB||4.28%|
|Kinder Morgan Inc Class P||KMI||4.17%|
|Suncor Energy Inc||SU.TO||3.34%|
|Pioneer Natural Resources Co||PXD||3.04%|
The following are BACAX strengths from our perspective:
- BACAX 3-year return is 11.03%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI World/Energy NR USD), 9.47%.
The following are BACAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- BACAX net assets are $189.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- BACAX 10-year return is 2.8%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI World/Energy NR USD), 3.99%.
- BACAX 15-year return is 0.63%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI World/Energy NR USD), 2.05%.
- BACAX expense ratio is 1.32%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant BACAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following BACAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- BACAX vs VGELX
- BACAX vs FSENX
- BACAX vs VGENX
- BACAX vs VENAX
- BACAX vs FNARX
- BACAX vs FANIX
- BACAX vs IENAX
- BACAX vs MAGRX
- BACAX vs BACIX
- BACAX vs MDGRX
The Fund seeks to track the performance of a benchmark index that measures the investment return of energy stocks; specifically the MSCI U.S. Investable Market Energy Index. This is an index of stocks of large-, mid-, and small-size U.S. companies within the energy sector. (Oil and Gas).
VENAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (69.85% of Total Assets)
|Exxon Mobil Corp||XOM||21.64%|
|Kinder Morgan Inc Class P||KMI||3.85%|
|Williams Companies Inc||WMB||3.65%|
|EOG Resources Inc||EOG||3.20%|
|Marathon Petroleum Corp||MPC||2.95%|
|Valero Energy Corp||VLO||2.73%|
The following are VENAX strengths from our perspective:
- VENAX 3-year return is 14.41%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI US IMI/Energy 25-50 GR USD), 14.45%.
- VENAX 5-year return is 7.79%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI US IMI/Energy 25-50 GR USD), 7.86%.
- VENAX 10-year return is 5.14%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI US IMI/Energy 25-50 GR USD), 5.25%.
- VENAX expense ratio is 0.1%, which is considered low. Nice job picking a low-cost fund.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are VENAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- VENAX 15-year return is 3.45%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI US IMI/Energy 25-50 GR USD), 3.93%.
Other relevant VENAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following VENAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- VENAX vs VDE
- VENAX vs VGELX
- VENAX vs FSENX
- VENAX vs VGENX
- VENAX vs FNARX
- VENAX vs FANIX
- VENAX vs IENAX
- VENAX vs BACAX
- VENAX vs MAGRX
- VENAX vs BACIX
- VENAX vs MDGRX