|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Balanced: Allocation--50% to 70% Equity||U.S. Balanced: Allocation--50% to 70% Equity|
|Management Style||active||passive (index-based)|
The Fund seeks long term capital appreciation while current income is also a consideration. The Fund, which is a fund of funds, normally intends to obtain exposure to equity securities in an amount equal to 60% of its assets and exposure to fixed-income securities in an amount equal to 40% of its assets.
BCGPX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (85.71% of Total Assets)
|BlackRock Master Total Return Portfolio||N/A||25.32%|
|iShares Core S&P Total US Stock Mkt ETF||ITOT||15.56%|
|iShares ESG Aware MSCI USA ETF||ESGU||11.62%|
|BlackRock Emerging Mkts K||MKDCX||7.05%|
|iShares MSCI EAFE Growth ETF||EFG||6.83%|
|BlackRock Strategic Income Opps K||BSIKX||5.25%|
|Master Adv Large Cap Core Br_grw||N/A||4.00%|
|iShares MSCI USA Value Factor ETF||VLUE||3.84%|
|BlackRock Technology Opportunities K||BTEKX||3.12%|
|iShares US Medical Devices ETF||IHI||3.12%|
The following are BCGPX strengths from our perspective:
- BCGPX 15-year return is 4.74%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 5.11%.
The following are BCGPX weaknesses from our perspective:
- BCGPX net assets are $82.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- BCGPX 3-year return is 6.63%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.04%.
- BCGPX 5-year return is 5.79%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.14%.
- BCGPX 10-year return is 7.58%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.72%.
- BCGPX expense ratio is 1.19%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
Other relevant BCGPX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following BCGPX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- BCGPX vs ABALX
- BCGPX vs VWENX
- BCGPX vs VBIAX
- BCGPX vs FBALX
- BCGPX vs PRWCX
- BCGPX vs FPURX
- BCGPX vs VGSTX
- BCGPX vs VSMGX
- BCGPX vs VWELX
- BCGPX vs VBAIX
The Fund seeks to provide growth of capital and a low to moderate current income by investing in other Vanguard funds according to a fixed formula that typically results in an allocation of about 60% of assets to common stocks and 40% to bonds.
VSMGX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (100.00% of Total Assets)
The following are VSMGX strengths from our perspective:
- VSMGX 3-year return is 5.9%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 0.34%.
- VSMGX 5-year return is 5.8%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 1.18%.
- VSMGX 10-year return is 7.31%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 1.72%.
- VSMGX 15-year return is 5.07%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 3.32%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
VSMGX consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant VSMGX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following VSMGX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- VSMGX vs VBIAX
- VSMGX vs ABALX
- VSMGX vs VWENX
- VSMGX vs FBALX
- VSMGX vs PRWCX
- VSMGX vs FPURX
- VSMGX vs VGSTX
- VSMGX vs VWELX
- VSMGX vs VBAIX
- VSMGX vs ACEIX