Both AEPGX and BCISX are mutual funds. AEPGX has a higher 5-year return than BCISX (4.23% vs 2.04%). AEPGX has a lower expense ratio than BCISX (0.83% vs 1%). Below is the comparison between AEPGX and BCISX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||International Equity: Foreign Large Growth||International Equity: Foreign Large Growth|
|Family||American Funds||Brown Capital Management|
The Fund seeks to provide long-term growth of capital by investing in companies based outside the United States. The Fund Invests in companies based chiefly in Europe and the Pacific Basin, ranging from small firms to large corporations.
AEPGX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (22.00% of Total Assets)
|Reliance Industries Ltd||RELIANCE.B||3.61%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Ordinary Shares||09988||2.75%|
|ASML Holding NV||ASML||2.34%|
|AIA Group Ltd||01299.HK||2.24%|
|Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd||4568||2.21%|
|Shopify Inc A||SHOP.TO||1.71%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||1.68%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE||MC.PA||1.64%|
The following are AEPGX strengths from our perspective:
- AEPGX 3-year return is 4.81%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 4.66%.
- AEPGX 5-year return is 4.23%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 3.75%.
- AEPGX 10-year return is 7.02%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 5.88%.
- AEPGX 15-year return is 3.55%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 2.06%.
The following are AEPGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AEPGX expense ratio is 0.83%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.24%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AEPGX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AEPGX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AEPGX vs VWILX
- AEPGX vs HLMIX
- AEPGX vs FDIVX
- AEPGX vs FOSFX
- AEPGX vs VWIGX
- AEPGX vs LISIX
- AEPGX vs FIVFX
- AEPGX vs FCPIX
- AEPGX vs FIGRX
- AEPGX vs MFAIX
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. Current income is a secondary consideration in selecting portfolio investments. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in the equity securities of non-U.S. based companies.
BCISX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (39.13% of Total Assets)
|Dreyfus Government Cash Mgmt Instl||DGCXX||4.60%|
|Ocado Group PLC||OCDO.L||4.24%|
|Carl Zeiss Meditec AG||AFX.DE||4.06%|
|MonotaRO Co Ltd||3064||4.01%|
|Wolters Kluwer NV||WKL||3.57%|
|Chr. Hansen Holding A/S||CHR||3.26%|
The following are BCISX strengths from our perspective:
- BCISX 10-year return is 6.58%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 6.6%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are BCISX weaknesses from our perspective:
- BCISX net assets are $58.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- BCISX 3-year return is 1.13%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 4.46%.
- BCISX 5-year return is 2.04%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 3.54%.
- BCISX expense ratio is 1%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant BCISX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following BCISX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- BCISX vs VWILX
- BCISX vs AEPGX
- BCISX vs HLMIX
- BCISX vs FDIVX
- BCISX vs FOSFX
- BCISX vs VWIGX
- BCISX vs LISIX
- BCISX vs FIVFX
- BCISX vs FCPIX
- BCISX vs FIGRX