Both AGTHX and BIAGX are mutual funds. AGTHX has a lower 5-year return than BIAGX (11.1% vs 12.94%). AGTHX has a lower expense ratio than BIAGX (0.61% vs 0.82%). Below is the comparison between AGTHX and BIAGX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Large Growth||U.S. Equity: Large Growth|
|Family||American Funds||Brown Advisory Funds|
The Fund seeks to provide growth of capital. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks in companies that appear to offer superior opportunities for growth of capital. The Fund seeks to invest in attractively valued companies that, it the Adviser's opinion, represent good, long-term investment opportunities.
AGTHX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (39.81% of Total Assets)
The following are AGTHX strengths from our perspective:
- AGTHX net assets are $112.55 billion. This fund is a popular choice with retail and institutional investors.
- AGTHX 10-year return is 13.71%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.88%.
- AGTHX 15-year return is 8.49%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 8.67%.
The following are AGTHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AGTHX 3-year return is 10.44%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.04%.
- AGTHX 5-year return is 11.1%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.37%.
- AGTHX expense ratio is 0.61%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.24%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AGTHX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AGTHX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AGTHX vs AMCPX
- AGTHX vs FBGRX
- AGTHX vs VIGAX
- AGTHX vs VTSAX
- AGTHX vs FCNTX
- AGTHX vs VPMAX
- AGTHX vs FDGRX
- AGTHX vs TRBCX
- AGTHX vs VWUAX
- AGTHX vs FMAGX
- AGTHX vs VIGIX
The Fund seeks capital appreciation by investing primarily in the common stock of large domestic companies that have exhibited an above-average increase in earnings over the past few years, and that have strong earnings prospects and attractive stock prices.
BIAGX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (41.13% of Total Assets)
|Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc||TMO||4.74%|
|PayPal Holdings Inc||PYPL||4.38%|
|Intuitive Surgical Inc||ISRG||4.10%|
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||4.10%|
|Electronic Arts Inc||EA||4.02%|
|Zoetis Inc Class A||ZTS||3.86%|
The following are BIAGX strengths from our perspective:
- BIAGX 15-year return is 9.8%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 10.79%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are BIAGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- BIAGX net assets are $826.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- BIAGX 3-year return is 8.46%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 14.78%.
- BIAGX 5-year return is 12.94%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 15.1%.
- BIAGX 10-year return is 12.51%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 15.48%.
- BIAGX expense ratio is 0.82%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant BIAGX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following BIAGX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- BIAGX vs AGTHX
- BIAGX vs FCNTX
- BIAGX vs VPMAX
- BIAGX vs VIGAX
- BIAGX vs FBGRX
- BIAGX vs FDGRX
- BIAGX vs TRBCX
- BIAGX vs AMCPX
- BIAGX vs VWUAX
- BIAGX vs FMAGX