Both BLADX and MUTHX are mutual funds. BLADX has a lower 5-year return than MUTHX (2.54% vs 4.31%). BLADX has a lower expense ratio than MUTHX (0.65% vs 0.79%). Below is the comparison between BLADX and MUTHX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Balanced: —||U.S. Balanced: —|
|Family||BlackRock||Franklin Templeton Investments|
The Fund seeks to maximize total return, consistent with income generation and prudent investment management. The Fund's investments include: U.S. Treasuries and agencies, commercial and residential mortgage-backed securities, CMOs, pass-throughs, asset-backed securities, corporate bonds and municipal bonds.
BLADX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (25.54% of Total Assets)
|BlackRock Allocation Target Shrs Ser A||BATAX||7.37%|
|BlackRock GNMA K||BBGPX||5.72%|
|iShares iBoxx $ High Yield Corp Bd ETF||HYG||5.56%|
|BlackRock Liquidity T-Fund Instl||TSTXX||2.54%|
|BlackRock Floating Rate Income K||BFRKX||1.69%|
|iShares iBoxx $ Invmt Grade Corp Bd ETF||LQD||1.59%|
|CIFC Funding 2017-III Ltd./CIFC Funding 2017-III LLC 1.49%||N/A||0.29%|
|DRYDEN 50 SENIOR LOAN FUND & LLC 1.48%||N/A||0.26%|
|Verizon Communications Inc. 4.27%||N/A||0.25%|
The following are BLADX strengths from our perspective:
- BLADX 3-year return is 2.05%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 0.34%.
- BLADX 5-year return is 2.54%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 1.18%.
- BLADX 10-year return is 2.76%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 1.72%.
The following are BLADX weaknesses from our perspective:
- BLADX net assets are $366.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- BLADX expense ratio is 0.65%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 4%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant BLADX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following BLADX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- BLADX vs VTTSX
- BLADX vs VASIX
- BLADX vs MUTHX
- BLADX vs FASIX
- BLADX vs TESIX
- BLADX vs PIRMX
- BLADX vs BEGRX
- BLADX vs FTANX
- BLADX vs TRRLX
- BLADX vs PSLDX
The Fund seeks capital appreciation, which may occasionally be short-term. The secondary goal is income.
MUTHX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (26.25% of Total Assets)
|Charter Communications Inc A||CHTR||3.35%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||2.88%|
|Merck & Co Inc||MRK||2.83%|
|Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp A||CTSH||2.41%|
|Williams Companies Inc||WMB||2.31%|
|Novartis AG ADR||NVS||2.28%|
|The Walt Disney Co||DIS||2.24%|
The following are MUTHX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are MUTHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- MUTHX 3-year return is 5.28%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 9.62%.
- MUTHX 5-year return is 4.31%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 8.53%.
- MUTHX 10-year return is 8.35%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.63%.
- MUTHX 15-year return is 4.33%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 6.25%.
- MUTHX expense ratio is 0.79%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant MUTHX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following MUTHX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- MUTHX vs VTTSX
- MUTHX vs VASIX
- MUTHX vs FASIX
- MUTHX vs TESIX
- MUTHX vs PIRMX
- MUTHX vs BEGRX
- MUTHX vs FTANX
- MUTHX vs TRRLX
- MUTHX vs PSLDX
- MUTHX vs FDKVX