Both BMEAX and JAENX are mutual funds. BMEAX has a lower 5-year return than JAENX (7.92% vs 12.37%). BMEAX has a higher expense ratio than JAENX (1.1% vs 0.9%). Below is the comparison between BMEAX and JAENX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Mid-Cap Growth||U.S. Equity: Mid-Cap Growth|
The Fund seeks high current income with consideration for capital appreciation. The Fund invests in a diversified portfolio of equity securities. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its net assets, plus the amount of any borrowings, in equity securities and equity-related instruments, including equity-linked notes.
BMEAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (28.15% of Total Assets)
|Verizon Communications Inc||VZ||6.21%|
|Wells Fargo & Co||WFC||2.77%|
|BAE Systems PLC||BA..L||2.59%|
|General Motors Co||GM||2.49%|
|CVS Health Corp||CVS||2.26%|
|Marathon Petroleum Corp||MPC||2.24%|
|American International Group Inc||AIG||2.18%|
The following are BMEAX strengths from our perspective:
- BMEAX 3-year return is 9.75%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 9.62%.
- BMEAX 5-year return is 7.92%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 8.53%.
- BMEAX 10-year return is 11.07%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.63%.
- BMEAX 15-year return is 7.7%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 6.25%.
The following are BMEAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- BMEAX net assets are $276.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- BMEAX expense ratio is 1.1%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant BMEAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following BMEAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- BMEAX vs RPMGX
- BMEAX vs VMGMX
- BMEAX vs FMCSX
- BMEAX vs CIPIX
- BMEAX vs OEGAX
- BMEAX vs TWHIX
- BMEAX vs JAENX
- BMEAX vs VMGRX
- BMEAX vs FRSGX
- BMEAX vs BPTRX
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund pursues its investment objective by investing primarily in common stocks selected for their growth potential, and normally invests at least 50% of its equity assets in medium-sized companies.
JAENX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (23.14% of Total Assets)
|NICE Ltd ADR||NICE||2.64%|
|Microchip Technology Inc||MCHP||2.62%|
|SS&C Technologies Holdings Inc||SSNC||2.60%|
|Global Payments Inc||GPN||2.34%|
|Broadridge Financial Solutions Inc||BR||2.24%|
|The Cooper Companies Inc||COO||2.18%|
|GoDaddy Inc A||GDDY||2.08%|
|Constellation Software Inc||CSU.TO||2.02%|
|TE Connectivity Ltd||TEL||1.98%|
The following are JAENX strengths from our perspective:
- JAENX 3-year return is 9.66%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 7.11%.
- JAENX 5-year return is 12.37%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 9.94%.
- JAENX 10-year return is 14.15%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 12.31%.
- JAENX 15-year return is 10.17%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 8.45%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are JAENX weaknesses from our perspective:
- JAENX expense ratio is 0.9%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant JAENX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following JAENX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- JAENX vs RPMGX
- JAENX vs VMGMX
- JAENX vs FMCSX
- JAENX vs CIPIX
- JAENX vs OEGAX
- JAENX vs TWHIX
- JAENX vs VMGRX
- JAENX vs FRSGX
- JAENX vs BPTRX
- JAENX vs APHMX