Both CATZX and FLAAX are mutual funds. CATZX has a higher 5-year return than FLAAX (1.3% vs 0.71%). CATZX has a lower expense ratio than FLAAX (0.53% vs 0.66%). Below is the comparison between CATZX and FLAAX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||Tax Exempt Fixed Income: Muni National Long||Tax Exempt Fixed Income: Muni National Long|
The Fund seeks to invest mainly in bonds and notes of state or local government units, with at least 75% in the four highest rated, lowest risk bond categories.
CATZX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (8.20% of Total Assets)
|VIRGINIA SMALL BUSINESS FING AUTH PRIVATE ACTIVITY REV 5%||N/A||0.90%|
|Columbia Multi-Sector Municipal Inc ETF||MUST||0.88%|
|MARYLAND ST 5%||N/A||0.85%|
|SAN ANTONIO TEX ELEC & GAS REV 5%||N/A||0.84%|
|TEXAS PRIVATE ACTIVITY BD SURFACE TRANSN CORP REV 5%||N/A||0.83%|
|DISTRICT COLUMBIA 5%||N/A||0.83%|
|COLORADO HEALTH FACS AUTH REV 4%||N/A||0.79%|
|CALIFORNIA ST 5%||N/A||0.79%|
|MICHIGAN ST STRATEGIC FD LTD OBLIG REV 5%||N/A||0.75%|
|SAN FRANCISCO CALIF CITY & CNTY ARPTS COMMN INTL ARPT REV 5%||N/A||0.74%|
The following are CATZX strengths from our perspective:
- CATZX 5-year return is 1.3%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Municipal TR USD), 1.31%.
- CATZX 10-year return is 2.79%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Municipal TR USD), 2.25%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are CATZX weaknesses from our perspective:
Other relevant CATZX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following CATZX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- CATZX vs VWLUX
- CATZX vs FKTIX
- CATZX vs MTBIX
- CATZX vs FTABX
- CATZX vs SHMMX
- CATZX vs FHIGX
- CATZX vs WMBIX
- CATZX vs FLAAX
- CATZX vs VKMMX
- CATZX vs COLTX
The Fund seeks to provide you with as high a level of current interest income exempt from regular federal income taxes as is consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in municipal bonds that pay interest that is exempt from regular federal personal income tax.
FLAAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (6.65% of Total Assets)
|CHICAGO ILL BRD ED DEDICATED CAP IMPT 6%||N/A||1.17%|
|KANSAS CITY MO INDL DEV AUTH ARPT SPL OBLIG 5%||N/A||0.73%|
|BUCKEYE OHIO TOB SETTLEMENT FING AUTH 5%||N/A||0.70%|
|CALIFORNIA ST 5.25%||N/A||0.69%|
|CALIFORNIA ST UNIV REV 5%||N/A||0.63%|
|CHICAGO ILL BRD ED 7%||N/A||0.62%|
|CALIFORNIA MUN FIN AUTH REV 5%||N/A||0.59%|
|PENNSYLVANIA ST TPK COMMN TPK REV 5%||N/A||0.53%|
|PUERTO RICO SALES TAX FING CORP SALES TAX REV 5%||N/A||0.50%|
|FLORIDA DEV FIN CORP SURFACE TRANSN FAC REV 6.38%||N/A||0.49%|
The following are FLAAX strengths from our perspective:
- FLAAX 15-year return is 3.65%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 3.39%.
The following are FLAAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- FLAAX 3-year return is -1.94%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), -0.07%.
- FLAAX 5-year return is 0.71%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 1.43%.
- FLAAX expense ratio is 0.66%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.2%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 4.2%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant FLAAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following FLAAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- FLAAX vs VWLUX
- FLAAX vs FKTIX
- FLAAX vs MTBIX
- FLAAX vs FTABX
- FLAAX vs SHMMX
- FLAAX vs FHIGX
- FLAAX vs WMBIX
- FLAAX vs VKMMX
- FLAAX vs COLTX
- FLAAX vs USTEX